Hello

Nov 29, 2023
Hello. I've had my 2014 Leon for almost a year, and have already put over 30,000 miles on it.
It was bought as a daily hack, and it has performed admirably so far.

Thought I'd join the forum, as lurking round here has educated me on the silicate bag in the expansion tank.
Got a replacement Mahle unit from Euro Car Parts this morning, and fitted it this afternoon ... my mind is now at ease.

Reactions: H Rafiq

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I learnt about that on here too. My car went to a garage through insurance. I managed to persuade em, free of charge, to swap the tank for one without a silica bag! They weren’t a very competent garage however.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I learnt about that on here too. My car went to a garage through insurance. I managed to persuade em, free of charge, to swap the tank for one without a silica bag! They weren’t a very competent garage however.
Funny that my 2014 Leon did not have the bag, as I looked after reading about it on here too. Maybe the dealer removed it, but I had the 280 for near 8 years and never had any problems at all in that time, great car.

Nov 29, 2023
I wasn't sure, as I couldn't see any evidence of the bag, but the 19 quid the new tank cost was worth it for the peace of mind.

Turns out there was definitely a bag in there. I had a look inside...
PXL_20231203_142021185.jpg

Reactions: Seastormer