Help asap please

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
Hi, i drive a boc

my pal recently spewed in my car :cry:[:@] and its went in the the speaker beside the rear passenger seat, how do i get into this speaker to clean it ?

also how do i take my rear seats out ?

and my drivers seat is broken also when you pull the clip up to let folk in the back the seat wont budge so i think the clip has detatched from a spring under the seat, how do i get the driver seat out ?

all hellp is much appreciated, im only 17 so i dont really know this stuff as its my first car

cheers

Chris

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
flippin eck a boc at 17 !! you lucky bugger lol i not sure on the speaker as I have never done it. I know the fronts are a pain in the ass. as for rear seats I would imagine if you fish around there will be bolts. and the front seats should be bolts again. when you put them back in make sure they go in tight. not sure if there will be a torque setting for them? someone will more than likely be more help than me though. hope you give ya mate a good rollocking as well !! lol :p

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
flippin eck a boc at 17 !! you lucky bugger lol i not sure on the speaker as I have never done it. I know the fronts are a pain in the ass. as for rear seats I would imagine if you fish around there will be bolts. and the front seats should be bolts again. when you put them back in make sure they go in tight. not sure if there will be a torque setting for them? someone will more than likely be more help than me though. hope you give ya mate a good rollocking as well !! lol :p

already have haha although i tamed myself a bit because the spew came back in my car and hit my pal in the face, so i couldnt stop laughing :lol:

Dec 3, 2009
Simple answer, take it to the garage and get it done and make your mate pay for the repairs/cost/cleaning etc....

craigd

Jul 27, 2007
North Wales / Kent
The rear seats are quite easy to take out.

Seat Backs-

If you fold them down and look at the pins they hinge on, on one side the mechanism that holds them can be slid out of the way, its then a simple case of lifting them up and out, the bigger seat will still have the centre seat belt connected.

Seat cushion-

Just gently squeeze the the two rods together where they connect to the car and they simply lift out.

Rear Trim-

Gently pop the trim off above the front seat belt and take out the two screws.
There are a couple of plastic pins where the rear wheel arch is - pop them out.
The trim is now only held on by the clips on the back of it, gently pull it away from the car and job done.

The speaker is fitted to the chassis so just the trim comes off in the back, be careful tho not to lose any of the clips.

Hope this helps :)

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Quote "How do i get into this speaker to clean it ?"

With your mates tongue!! :D

Dirty basturd! lol

What a nightmare!

Sounds a awkward and messy job! Good luck with it mate.

dom_f

Mar 28, 2011
Hi, i drive a boc

my pal recently spewed in my car :cry:[:@] and its went in the the speaker beside the rear passenger seat, how do i get into this speaker to clean it ?

also how do i take my rear seats out ?

and my drivers seat is broken also when you pull the clip up to let folk in the back the seat wont budge so i think the clip has detatched from a spring under the seat, how do i get the driver seat out ?

all hellp is much appreciated, im only 17 so i dont really know this stuff as its my first car

cheers

Chris

Be careful with the front seats. There is wiring for sensors for the airbags. If (for example) you disconnect this and turn the ignition on the airbag light will come on and need resetting - which needs diagnostics kit.

Any mechanically minded mates a few years older?

Dom

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
Be careful with the front seats. There is wiring for sensors for the airbags. If (for example) you disconnect this and turn the ignition on the airbag light will come on and need resetting - which needs diagnostics kit.

Any mechanically minded mates a few years older?

Dom

yeah a few, just thought id give it a go but if things like that can happen ill give them a shout.

i dont really want to take it to my dealer cause ill void my warrenty with some of the mods

Deleted member 55317

The rear seats are quite easy to take out.

Seat Backs-

If you fold them down and look at the pins they hinge on, on one side the mechanism that holds them can be slid out of the way, its then a simple case of lifting them up and out, the bigger seat will still have the centre seat belt connected.

Seat cushion-

Just gently squeeze the the two rods together where they connect to the car and they simply lift out.

QUOTE]

my 1st 1/4 on Sunday....i think this is a sign lol!!!

if my mate spewed in my cupra i go medieval on his a$$!!
ive heard the doors panels are a sh!ter to get off even my local garage struggled with my front 1s lol!

dom_f

Mar 28, 2011
yeah a few, just thought id give it a go but if things like that can happen ill give them a shout.

i dont really want to take it to my dealer cause ill void my warrenty with some of the mods

For the airbags I'd suggest:

1) Disconnect the battery before you start

2) After replacing the front seat check carefully that all wires under/near the seat are reconnected

3) Check again!

4) Reconnect battery

Just occurred to me that I don't know for sure there aren't occupancy sensors in the rear seat as well.... (Any side/rear airbags?) Someone more knowledgeable than me on the Ibiza should be able to confirm.

Dom

Deleted member 55317

there arent any sensors in the rear as far as im aware

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

Have a close look in the hinge area of the seat - it was very common on the mk4 ibiza for a coin to fall out of your pocket and get stuck in the seat latch and stop it working.

Will save you a lot of expense if you can see the coin and fish it out yourself.

Cupra~Matt

if ur planning on taking the front seats. i wouldnt advise against it. when you are dissconecting the airbags you have a 200mph bomb in ur hands. it can be set off with just static electricity. if i were you i would try and eave all of the air bag systems plugged in. it wasnt so long ago where it was illigal to touch repair, dissconnect any part of a srs system. not sure where the law with it is atm but i would highly advise again dissconnecting and reconnecting.
Removing the battery will not stop them from goin of eather. there are capacitors storing the charge for the srs system. these will not drain unless the bags are set off.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
if ur planning on taking the front seats. i wouldnt advise against it. when you are dissconecting the airbags you have a 200mph bomb in ur hands. it can be set off with just static electricity. if i were you i would try and eave all of the air bag systems plugged in. it wasnt so long ago where it was illigal to touch repair, dissconnect any part of a srs system. not sure where the law with it is atm but i would highly advise again dissconnecting and reconnecting.
Removing the battery will not stop them from goin of eather. there are capacitors storing the charge for the srs system. these will not drain unless the bags are set off.

The manuals all state to leave the battery off for 15 mins or more BEFORE unplugging any airbag.

The 15 mins is to allow full discharge of the airbag capacitor which will leave the airbag safe when removing it with the seat.

I have lost count of how many seats I have removed with airbags fitted and had absolutely no problems doing it.

Messing around with a seat that has all the airbags still plugged in and the battery connected is FAR MORE dangerous.

Cupra~Matt

The only safe airbag is one that had gone off!! you can set a airbag of by dropping it. also that static electricity that you have naturally in ur body can set them off. then when reconnecting them you are gonna have the most dangerious part. Like i said, not so long ago it was illigal to remover, replace, repair and part of a srs system because of when can happen. seeing the damage a airbad does to people i would leave them well alone.

dom_f

Mar 28, 2011
Like i said, not so long ago it was illigal to remover, replace, repair and part of a srs system because of when can happen. seeing the damage a airbad does to people i would leave them well alone.

Care to quote act and section to substantiate your assertion? I' think you'll find you're incorrect.....

Dom

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members