help, brake pedal vibrates when braking!

damo88

hi , only had the car a few days and love it, but when braking gently at slow speeds the pedal vibrated and makes a strange noise does anyone know what it could be thanks

Mat

mine did this a few weeks back... pulled over, stopped and then abs/tsc light came on and problem went away. went to mates garage to show him and go for a test, light cleared itself, and problem stopped

magic

damo88

hi , thanks for replys , i have no warning lights that come up , it happens most of the time , i checked my discs and all have a lip on the edge could it be my discs and pads need changing

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
find a quiet local trading estate and test ya brakes for a 'healthy' emergency stop and see if it's the same juddering as it could just be the abs activating as normal

once you know what it feels like it wont be so bad, mine goes nuts when i go over the speed hump end of our road at walking speed (12" steep drop)

just make sure it isn't coming on all the time because of a dodgy sensor/fault etc

tommy2008cupra

mine did this turned out to be a worn wire by the wheel to abs system turned out to be a cheap fix for me

damo88

its def the abs , fron drivers side ? is it worth changing the sensor?

haller

it happend to me not so long ago, the abs light came on straight afterwards... You need to get to a garage :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise