help - car cut out, wort start

crossedmike

was driving along on fuel light go to petrol station and car just cut out i put fuel into the tank still turned over but no start then i called the rac and they said it had no spark so i belive it to be the coil pack so i had a spare at home so chnaged it this morning so got batterty charging as well

anybody know of anything elsecould be ?//:shrug:

May 31, 2008
was driving along on fuel light go to petrol station and car just cut out i put fuel into the tank still turned over but no start then i called the rac and they said it had no spark so i belive it to be the coil pack so i had a spare at home so chnaged it this morning so got batterty charging as well

anybody know of anything elsecould be ?//:shrug:

HT leads have a proper connection? :)

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
coil/battery are the top 2 on the list if it just conked out as you say.

Check the leads/dizzy cap (little carbon rod thing) and make sure nothing it loose but I'd be surprised if it wasnt the coil tbh

crossedmike

coil/battery are the top 2 on the list if it just conked out as you say.

Check the leads/dizzy cap (little carbon rod thing) and make sure nothing it loose but I'd be surprised if it wasnt the coil tbh

last month had new dizzy cap and rotary arm and coil so i think coil is faulty :( but ill double check leads and battery is charging

crossedmike

hmm ill have a look is this a common fault the crank sensor

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
is something that people have had go that causes the same problem your having. is about £45 for a crank sensor but is a pig to fit. might be worth trying the coil first just to rule it out. if that don't sort it then i'd defo try the crank sensor next.

crossedmike

ok fittered new crank sensor new coil pack checked all leads its like there is no spark still turns over but no spark it is as if the spark is not getting to the coil i had a speed sensor reading on fault reader cleaner it off then the reading went but im stumped as i say new coil new crank to rotary arm new dizzy cap all wires look ok and not broken please help

crossedmike

check earth to coil and the one to battery is connected as all other radio horn lights work

crossedmike

i do have a small and red and yellow lead with a orange connector on the end coming from wiring loom cant see where it goes but was dangling near cranksensor but all cable in area seem ok and connected

vngtx

i do have a small and red and yellow lead with a orange connector on the end coming from wiring loom cant see where it goes but was dangling near cranksensor but all cable in area seem ok and connected

if its a single pin orange block on the end its a spare for oil pressure gauges on some models.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.