help - car cut out, wort start

crossedmike

yes but makes no difference and the spark or power not getting to coil ??

crossedmike

this is a good point ill have a look when i can as left at parents house all other lights come on i was tempted to run a independant wire to coil from ignition or ecu to see if the wire is the fault

apart from that it looks like a garage manover :( bye bye wage lol

jaydr128

i had a 1.6 mk3 golf and this happened to me. it was a combination of the coil pack and the hall sensor according to aa guy that towed it, maybe worth a look?

cheers
jay

cupraspark

Aug 7, 2008
Huntingdon
Hi crossedmike :) im suprized no body has mentioned fuel:wtf: as your car was running fine until you filled up.
I think you have either got the wrong or contaminated fuel in there.
Don't always trust where you fill up from tanker drivers do make mistakes and put diesal in the petrol side. Good luke mate:)

cupraspark

Aug 7, 2008
Huntingdon
oh :whistle: iv'e just re read your post no spark: i agree with everyone elso its either crankshft sensor , coil -amplifier,or bad earth.
If you have got a multimeter check the continuity between the coil body and the battery earth also remove your distributer cap and turn engine over does the rotor arm rotate.
if so its it is going to be your crankshaft sensor as that tells the amplifier when to fire the coil which then fires the spark to coil HT lead which in turn supply the distributer cap.
I WISH THIS SITE HAD SPELL CHECK AS IM SURE I CAN@T SPELL TO SAVE MY LIFE:)
I must learn to read before i speck:cartman:
Good luck mate,:) Marc

crossedmike

ok we have a little progress but no start as such checked ignition wire and was in a right state looked like had been chewed lol so go that patched up and then the car started to give out a large spark when turned over and nothing else after and the crank sensor ok as i say leads are fine dizzy cap and rotary arm new any ideas guys :p

vngtx

is it possible that fixing the ignition wire has just fried the coil pack? id be looking at the ecu now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise