Help: Changed headunit and now no radio

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
As titled, Today ive took my Seat Dynamic Sat-Nav out and put in a double-din Pioneer headunit. Ive connected the aerial up to the new unit but i cant get any FM reception. On the Seat sat nav unit i took out there was a blue\black multiplug (pictured) which obviosuly doesnt fit the new unit, is this why i cant get a radio station, does the Leon have an amplified aerial that needs to draw power from somewhere ? any help appreciated :happy:

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Ok, iam getting abit lost now, lol

The black/blue multiplug has 6 wires coming from it.

Green\White
Blue\Black
Blue\Black
Red\Grey
Red\White
Green\Yellow.

If you think the red\grey is for the aerial, what did the other cables do ?

also when you said next to the blue\white lead......did you mean on the brown connector block, which side the red cable or the blue one ?

DSC00344.jpg

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Ok, iam getting abit lost now, lol

The black/blue multiplug has 6 wires coming from it.

Green\White
Blue\Black
Blue\Black
Red\Grey
Red\White
Green\Yellow.

If you think the red\grey is for the aerial, what did the other cables do ?

also when you said next to the blue\white lead......did you mean on the brown connector block, which side the red cable or the blue one ?

The others are power and earth on the standard leon radio block.

No, the black connector block.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
What i'm tying to help with means you don't need that booster ;)

OK, thanks Lee for you patience. Ive only had the car 2 days and know nothing about Seats, had Ford for last 10 years, lol

OK, the lead next to the blue\black on the black connector is grey\white.

DSC00348.jpg

what now ?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Blue/white is the last one not blue/black ;)

grey/white it is then, why didn't you say ages ago you had the connector lol

sorry yes meant blue\white. I would have always had the connector its part of the seat loom, just didnt know which cable i was looking for.

So iam i connecting the red\grey cable from the blue\black multiplug to the grey\white cable on the black multiplug ?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
So iam i connecting the red\grey cable from the blue\black multiplug to the grey\white cable on the black multiplug ?

Have you got a grey/white on that other connector?

The reason i ask is i can't see them changing the colour between connectors, as they are probaly joined further into the loom.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
ok, so i need one of these to get a radio reception. I just assumed that my pioneer headunit had a built in booster so it was just a question of finding somewhere to wire up the aerials boost lead to +12v lead.

aftermarket radios arent made to each vehicles spec,other cars dont need a booster so it would be crazy for them to make one with one without

aerial booster will mean you havent got to botch your original wiring loom.
they dont exactly cost much,depending upon where you get from could be a little as £5

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members