Help - Interior Mirror Wiring

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
i've been watching that item for a while but wasn't sure as the mount is not visible in the picture. still not sure if its right

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Wrong one! Must have been an old one no leds so it went straight back.

Got some more wiring for leds just need to borrow a drill to mount them inside rear veiw
Not ad a spare minute for a full week getting impatient i want them in! Hows yours now all tucked away n stuff?

ddc

Hi Greg,

finally gtetting my auto dimming mirror! at long last.. Only possible problem is I think the guys have sent a "pearl grey" one and I'm now not sure if mine is actually a grey or beige interior.. Looks more beige to me now.. But if its that close it won't matter :D

Anyway I've also found out what the other two wires are for..

Pin 1 White = Power +12v

Pin 2 Black = Ground

Pin 3 Grey = Reverse (disables dimming function when reverse is selected) But not sure if it needs to go high (+12v) or low (ground) to work.

Pin 6 Green = Interior Dome Inhibit (Like reverse, it's used to disable auto diming when interior light is switched on)

Last edited:

skraltson

Not sure exactly where the inhibit connections are actually made in the car.. But I'd connect the dome inhibit to the +ve feed for the interior light and the reverse inhibit to the reversing light +ve feed...

can u help me out here with the 2 following cables.

should i connect +12 on this two?

Pin 3 Grey = Reverse

Pin 6 Green = Interior Dome Inhibit

ddc

Hi mate,

mirror will work fine with just the +ve (white) and -ve (black) connected..

If you want the dome and reverse inhibit functions then you need to connect the grey wire to a feed that goes live when the car is in reverse (reverse light feed?) and the green wire to a feed that goes live when the interior light is on (interior light feed?)

Hope this makes sence??

As I said earlier, most folks doing this mod don't bother with either of the inhibit feeds and just leave them disconnected..

skraltson

Hi mate,

mirror will work fine with just the +ve (white) and -ve (black) connected..

If you want the dome and reverse inhibit functions then you need to connect the grey wire to a feed that goes live when the car is in reverse (reverse light feed?) and the green wire to a feed that goes live when the interior light is on (interior light feed?)

Hope this makes sence??

As I said earlier, most folks doing this mod don't bother with either of the inhibit feeds and just leave them disconnected..

okay.. i will do it the easy way :p but where did u hock up the power from?
(sry for my poor english, i'm from sweden :) )

leonpr81

May 7, 2014
Hi All,
I have just got my Auto dim rear view mirror for my Leon MK2 FR TDI (MY08), before I start running cables has anybody ever found the wiring connector hidden away for the mirror in the head lining that is part of the original wiring loom?
I have removed the interior light and alarm sensor and cannot see anything but I am not sure if the plug (if installed) would be tucked away somewhere?
It would be gutting to wire it all in then find it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.