HELP!! My Arosa Won't Start!!

TDi_B5

Feb 2, 2010
Southampton
Hi guys,

Went to jump in the car tonight to come to work, fired up and then ran a bit rough and died. Tried to start it again and it did eventually fire up after holding the key for 6-7 seconds (which seems like an enormous amount of time when you're doing it). When it was running it seemed ok, not perfect but ok. Decided to leave the car at home incase I got stranded at work.

Any ideas? What should I look for? Its been running fine and starting well. Yesterday I removed the air filter box to get at the spark plugs, but once I realised that I didn't have the correct spark plug tool, I put everything back together. I checked all the leads were back on the plugs properly too. Bit of a puzzler.

Supposed to be taking the girlfriend to the new forest at the weekend....any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I would hazard a guess that your plugs are knackered and that your going down the right line by replacing them.

TDi_B5

Feb 2, 2010
Southampton
It started ok today, smelt a bit petroly at first, gave it a quick run and all seems fine. I think an electrical service is on the cards, new plugs, distributor cap and rotor arm.

Has anyone cleaned their throttle bodies? I'm sure that would also be beneficial, but I've heard that vagcom is a necessity as it'll need calibration afterwards?

0000zoon0000

I did. See seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2370804 and seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2399444#post2399444 .

In case you'll clean it, could you post here any results?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.