HELP!!! my ibiza wont start!!! Immobiliser

GTI 16v

Hi guys, my ibiza 1.8 16v GTI has the usual prob of not starting and then starting. However last monday it did not start at all after many attempts. There is no noise from the starter and the battery is fine. I am pretty sure its the Seat immobiliser.

I know this is a common problem and many people have had the keys recoded.

I wanted to know that how much seat charge to recode my keys and If they need my car or just the keys to recode them.

It does have a aftermarket toad alarm but I do not believe this is the problem. The only other thing is the ignition coil.

Thanks alot.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
If there is no noise from the starter then it is NOT the seat immobiliser and more likely the starter itself. The immobiliser does not stop the starter from turning and only stops the engine from running after a few seconds.

I lost the chip out of my key and couldnt work out why it wouldnt keep going at first, so the engine defiately will run for a few seconds before the immobiliser cuts it.

EDIT: try bumping it, if it bumps its the starter

GTI 16v

I just tried it again and the car started. However it did not start again after that. It is completely dead, but there is a little clicking noise coming from near the idle control valve. I have a after market toad alarm on the car could this be the prob??

I am so baffled and I really need my car I work in a hospital and I am always on call. Its so frustrating. It would do this before but only after long journeys and once the car cooled down it would start again.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
ignition ring can be temperamental, get her onto vagcom for any other silly errors.
its not that expensive a fix neither, my old 16v needed one but was done under warranty.

GTI 16v

So to make a list the problem could be due to immobilser ring, coil pack and the keys.

Can anyone suggest anything else that stops my Ibiza from starting, this is really causing me a problem I cant get to work and need to get lifts as there is no public transport to my work.

Kind regards.

GTI 16v

ITS THE KEY BARRELL.

I turn my key with alot of force and the engine fires up no probs.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.