help needed asap regarding a mate (fire)

daves ibiza

hi guys a mate of mine bought a cupra off here no names said and caught fire 3 days of owning it:banned:.hes not happy atall the wiring in engine bay caught fire and under dash . well 1200 later and still few problems . he got all new wires ecu ect. of my old ibiza now its starts and no boost 2 codes present on ecu p0106 was one and carnt remember what other was sumthing todo with boost. and he has noticed his fuel gauge not working ect . hes coming down from leeds tomoz so really want to help this kid out as much as i can with exchanging parts off my other cupra breaking. any help will be awesome guys .

basically it caught fire electrics wize renewed all loom and ecu . still not boosting and coming up with map sensor fault . and fuel gauge will not go up . so im thinking fuse ect.

quick help needed any answers will be good thanks . dave

jonny parsons

hi its daves mate the lad with the ibiza cupra that caught fire all the wires that were burnt have been replaced as it was the whole loom and am 100% sure thers no other burnt wires after the loom and ecu was fitted the car started straight up and sounds really rough and i am left with .5 of boost which was 1.7 befor the fire .when i accelorate it seems to dip like have a flat spot is this to do with the map sensor engine management lights on and it brings up 2 faults 1 to do with boost controler the others the map sensor the main problem i have now is that the temp and fuel gauges are not workin when i start the car the orange petrol light comes on and of as normal as dose the red temp light and both needles move a little hardly noticable tho i must say , my mecanic is tellin me the fule and temp gauges have blown which i disagree with i have checked all fuses and none have blown i have described these problems best i can and any help would be appreciated thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
Sounds like the ECU that you've taken out had been remapped if it had 1.7bar of boost, chances are the replacement has'nt.

yeh sounds like it has the standard map on the other ecu. You say it sounds rough? is it missfiring?

Also if its coming up with a map sensor fault it might things theres an air leak and make it run rough id change that and start from there.

Last edited:

daves ibiza

yeh sounds like it has the standard map on the other ecu. You say it sounds rough? is it missfiring?

Also if its coming up with a map sensor fault it might things theres an air leak and make it run rough id change that and start from there.

right guys this ecu is not standard it was mapped by badger 5 AKA bill customcode stage 2 bought off my self along with all the other parts he have bought off my ibiza breaking.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
if dash parts aint working there's still some damaged components or wiring..
vagcom instruments and run a diagnostic as it will exercise all the dash.. if bits dont work then its shagged

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.