Help needed please regarding a EGR delete

Jan 28, 2021
Hi, Firstly thanks for allowing me onto the forum :) I have used the search & found things about EGR Delete but not really what answer i was looking for? Could anyone please tell me the best place to go in the North-West pref nr Liverpool/Manchester who could do a EGR Delete? Do i need to buy a blanking plate like on my old car? (Non-seat) It’s a Seat Leon 2.0 170 PD Tdi.. Thank you for taking your time & effort to read this post :)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Hi, Firstly thanks for allowing me onto the forum :) I have used the search & found things about EGR Delete but not really what answer i was looking for? Could anyone please tell me the best place to go in the North-West pref nr Liverpool/Manchester who could do a EGR Delete? Do i need to buy a blanking plate like on my old car? (Non-seat) It’s a Seat Leon 2.0 170 PD Tdi.. Thank you for taking your time & effort to read this post :)
Don’t waste your time

MOT fail and you will need a remap to code out the light.

so its probs £400/500 and deleting the EGR isn’t worth the hassle.

if you really want to keep on top of maintenance clean the egr valve out every couple of years.

Jan 28, 2021
Don’t waste your time

MOT fail and you will need a remap to code out the light.

so its probs £400/500 and deleting the EGR isn’t worth the hassle.

if you really want to keep on top of maintenance clean the egr valve out every couple of years.
Thanks for replying to my problem :) All i know is there is a problem with the EGR & was told that my best best bet was to remap with a egr delete? I was thinking of a remap anyway so thought this way was best?
I looked on ebay for a egr valve & theres so many different 1’s from £60ish to £200ish? I must admit i’m abit naive about it all tbh? I have just bought 1 of them obd2 scanners & hopefully be able post the actual fault codes for more advice? But again thanks BigJase88 for your input & it’s fully noted :)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for replying to my problem :) All i know is there is a problem with the EGR & was told that my best best bet was to remap with a egr delete? I was thinking of a remap anyway so thought this way was best?
I looked on ebay for a egr valve & theres so many different 1’s from £60ish to £200ish? I must admit i’m abit naive about it all tbh? I have just bought 1 of them obd2 scanners & hopefully be able post the actual fault codes for more advice? But again thanks BigJase88 for your input & it’s fully noted :)
The problem may be that its coked up and just needs removed and cleaned with some carb cleaner and an old toothbrush.

certainly scan the car and see what codes pop up but i would be looking at cleaning it out 1st before an egr delete. As said in 2021 it’s an MOT fail.

Jun 27, 2021
Never had an issue with an EGR delete ever.
He throws up a fault code so it will have to remapped out. This should be about £175 to 200 tops.

I've always run EGR deletes, they're nothing but bloody problems lol

Reactions: martin j.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I had an egr fail couple of years ago, got it deleted and a remap for the same labour cost an egr change but no new egr cost, been mot’d twice fine, tester would really need to be keen to hang upside down to check if one was fitted. Not in your part of the country though to advise on a place to have it done.

Terminator

Aug 21, 2020
If i was you i would fit EGR blanking kit, clean the inlet manifold, fit a 2.5 inch DPF delete downpipe & remap it to 215bhp.

Terminator

Aug 21, 2020
EGR Blanking kit - about £35.
DPF delete downpipe (profidiesel) - £240.
Stage 2 remap - £200.

So for less than £500 you could gain 45bhp with better spool & better MPG.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Also an MOT fail, as already mentioned. So 500 quid down the shitter unless you're mates with the tester.

The PD EGR valve is on the front of the engine isn't it? So simple to remove and clean out?

Reactions: mty12345

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Sod that much ******* around, especially if the remapped ECU throws a fit when you plug all that stuff back in.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise