Help please asap before warranty expires?????

Drew260187

Ive just bought a 2001 leon cupra 1.8t about 2 month ago from an independent garage so got 3 month warranty, But now its started to play up and the garage i bought it from is about 3 hours drive away. So on talking to them they want me to go to a garage here for diagnostics which ive done.
So the problem is 2 error codes which are 17704 valve/throttle fault.intermittent and 17705 fault in coolant system. intermitent. and the symptoms are runs really rough sometimes when cold (drops to 500rpm near stall) and when i drive normally without putting foot down as the revs pick up its like youve taken foot off accelerator then put it back on quickly and the car jerks. But my foot hasnt moved??? ALso the temp gauge reads 90 but then drops to just above 60 then back up to 90 when just cruising?
The dealer says the temp sensor is responsible for both problems/codes and has said i can use a garage here to do the work and theyll pay but if they do and it doesnt fix it then they wont pay again because someone else other than them has worked on it, so i was wandering does this seem like it will fix it before i have work done?

Last edited by a moderator:

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
diagnosis sounds reasonable to me... though what warranty is it?? i would tell them there are mutiple trouble codes and this is the first point of call and the cheapest for them... but there may be further cost involved.

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
plus i believe the selling dealer has a legal obligation to you for the first three months after selling the vehicle warrantied or not!