Help Required Asap

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
In the middle of putting on my Colour Coded Door Handle's

Passenger side is on and omg what a difference!:D

Any drivers side is more harder

I know that the cable is under the electric window switch, I cant get that small panel off as there;s something tight holding it down and i dont want to break it

there's no sign of screws of anythin

Rash i need you right now lol and i bet your at work

Thanks folks

Stopped doing it the now as rain came on gggrrrr[:@]

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Update there is no cable under the switch

But i cant get the handle to sit flush like the passenger side

Will read my guide again i got from rash

Another Update,

The clip or whatever it was which was held on by the torx fell off, So far got 90% or the electric window out without taking window out. need a big ass magnet but mines broke ages ago

Another Small Update

Rather fooked off now and its started to really piss down

Rebuilt as much as i could, door still opens and close's so shut it locked it and came in

Need to take the whole lot out as its fallen right down the bottom and i cant get to it with the panel on,

So Saturday's objective will be take window etc out and sort it,

Also noticed that the garage i bought car from has been shady fookers by leaving the old pop rivit bolts down by the bottom of my door (******s)

Anyway i need to get that small clip back or my doorlock wont stay in, Anyone have any idea's why its not sitting flush either?

Also i have fitted the delock part, There's no keyhole now

Last edited:

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
i cant lol. got my nephew in my arm and im gona feed him the now!

If u could write it here or pm me it its much appreicated

all i need to do is whip window out, whip the electric window panel off and get my hand down, or with a magnet, But puttn the clip back on and getting it flush like other side is the main concearn

It wasnt sitting flush at all, Was opening and closing but i never heard the clunk when the lock's relocated itself

Last edited:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the 25torx gold screw you have undone while holding the door handle open has been wound out too FAR and there is a gold horse shoe shaped braket that holds the handle endblock in has fallen into the bottom of the door

normally when this happens the handle mechanism that is attatched to the inside of the door skin breaks! if you take the hande out again and undo the 25torx thats behind where the handle sits and slide it towards the back of the car and when door pannel is removed you can TRY and reattach the gold horse shoe bracket (which *IS* possible!) cant quite under stand what your problem is with getting the clip out but il go through how to take the drivers side door card off anyway

youve got the 3 torx screw at the bottom and on the SIDE not the TOP the SIDE of the electric windows pannel you unclip the side not the top(like the passengers side)! then behind that pannel are the torx screws! then remove as normal

then to remove the metal ineer pannel (door foil) remove the handle and the mechanism behind the handle by undoing the 25 torx under the handle then remove the 3 multi splined bolts for the door catch and put the window down till you can see the 10mm bolts that grip the window using the two rubber peep holes! then undo all the 10mm bolts and prise the pannel outwards a little too break the waterproff seal and slide upward a little to clear the window regulator arms from the door and lift outwards grab the gold horse shoe braket and asses or take pics of the handle mechanism so i can seeif it is broken!

if you have any probs just ask ;)

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
cheers rash.

Might not be till this weekend. Dont want it pising down with rain again and ive got the window half out like today.

When i went to rebuild the handle and lock the lock wasnt staying in after the torx 20. Mines was a 20. was tight

My door card has 2 torx screws and 2 philips screw's

This Horseshoe clip which im after, Could i not replace it with a C type clip which is like on back drums that hold the handbrake cable's in(if you know what i mean)

Also is that why the handle wasnt sitting flush as it hadnt locked back in?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
that is correct! the handle wont sit flush if the mechanism is broken or the horseshoe bracket is missing :doh: the clip cant be replaced with anything when you get the braket out of the bottom of the oor you will see it is a very special shaped braket/clip. the braket that has fallen into the door doesnt breake its the mechanism the braket sits in that breaks!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the part you will need to buy is called an

o/s door handle mechanism/lock carrier

(if the parts ppl still dont understand its the mechanism that sits behid the door skin and holds/locks the external handlein position!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
and i bet its expensive to. Is that the whole locking unit thats held on with the 2 multispline torx bolts at the side of the door

Thats what cause the problem in the first place, it wasnt sitting flush so i whipped it out and tryed it again and was still the same. Then next minute i heard a clunk

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
no not the whole catch mechanism held with the two multisplined bolts :no:

when you remove the handle under neith where it sits there is anouther 20 torx screw at the front end on the outside of the door this hold the mechanism in the door that holds the handle in! this is the part that is broken its not connected to the catch in any way!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Right got ya rash

Ta again.

Waiting for Colin At brickets to get back to me

Also noticed this yesterday

Corrision.jpg

Yes corrision,

Whislt i emailed colin i sent him a pic aswel. Thats the passenger side, Drivers side is the same

Kinda Glad i checked service history yesterday

Anyway here's 1 of the door handle that went on no problem

DoorHandle.jpg

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the corrosion is where the metal hasnt been protected with wax oli and now its started corroding! what year is your car?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
a 2002 made car shouldnt be corroding! unless you live next to the sea!

if i was you i would wip the wings off and treat the rust both sides before it gets nasty! take the wheel sheilds out both sides with lots of torx screws and undo all the 10mm and when replacing wings spray wax oil on the inside of them!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
my 8 year old saxo vts wasnt rusting!

Stay no where near the sea.

Rash if its under warranty then it will be done by seat!

Overall was really shocked when i seen it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members