HELP! Well And Truly Stuck Caliper Pistons

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
About 3ish weeks ago i changed the pads on my my wilwood supalite calipers, after i had changed the pads the brakes where sticking on quite alot. The cars been in the garage for the last 2 weeks and the mech has been unable to remove 2 of the pistons, hes said that he soaked them in penatrating fluid, hes also had foot/air pressure on them and hes still been unable to budge them :(. Ive brought new pistons and seals for him to replace so was wondering if anybody has any other ideas at all how they could be removed, it doesnt matter if pistons/seals are damaged in the process as these can be replaced.

Any input will be most helpful as both are us are running out of ideas and im really starting to miss the car:cry:

Cheers.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
If there that seized in when they are removed they may need to machine back the corrosion, if they are well and truley jammed in take the callipers to a machine shop with the new seals and pistons and see what they can offer.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Nope :(, i let hooch have those for £80 when he fitted my willwoods. I spoke to the mech today and they have been dropped off a oselli performance this morning who are going to try and machine the last piston out, If that doesnt work i dont know what ill do?

Prpberly get a set of 280`s to tyde me over while i wait for another set of willwods/brembos to appear again :cry:

David.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've got some callipers & carriers I'll happily lend you indefinately - but need them back at some point. would need hoses & discs (I think I've got some pads somewhere)

I might be your way tomorrow... so let me know.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Cheers mark your a legend, ill let you know on that front. Ill wait to hear back from the garage and see whats happend with my calipers, i should know whats going on by the weekend and if need be ill come to you in the van and collect them.

Thanks alot really appreciate your offer. Ill drop you a pm either way to let you know whats going on.

David

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise