Help with Cupra R badges on MK1 leon

Gazryder009

I have got 3 R badges and 1 cupra badge I'm looking at putting them on my car, can anyone let me know in dimensions where they go and maybe include some pictures, which way the R's go and how far below the indicators I will be truly greatful thanks again

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Can't you just do a Google image search? That will show you pretty much where they go, I'm sure nobody will realise if they are a couple of mm out of location :)

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
is that your car in the picture because it looks like a cupra not a cupra r

if it is i don't see why you are that bothered where the R badges go when people will know it isnt anyway

you wouldn't put a porsche on a peugeot!

Last edited:

Gazryder009

I understand what your saying regarding putting a Porsche on a pug but the thing is my Cupra which it is has a 237bhp and moves like a cupra R and I think its something that sets the car off, might not be to most people's liking but I'm happy with it and only wanted to find out best position to the mark where they go.

Also in a few months I'm going to drop a cupra R engine into it so will be registered as a cupra R just after Xmas

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
I understand what your saying regarding putting a Porsche on a pug but the thing is my Cupra which it is has a 237bhp and moves like a cupra R and I think its something that sets the car off, might not be to most people's liking but I'm happy with it and only wanted to find out best position to the mark where they go.

Also in a few months I'm going to drop a cupra R engine into it so will be registered as a cupra R just after Xmas

No it won;t. It'll never be registered as a Cupra R.

If you search the site, there are dimensions for the wing badges already posted.
I'll post the rears later

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch

that doesnt make sense at all. why put the R engine in? are you fitting K04 etc aswell?

may aswell buy an R? still on 312mm brakes or brembos?

Gazryder009

So would it still be registered as a Cupra? Though if I changed engine I would notify dvla and it would be changed.

I'm taking it to Alan Jefferies to drop the cupra R engine I. And they are going to make all changes to it, to ensure I get optimum performance out of my car, I am a novice in all this upgrade ect, but been told it will shift big time with no problems at all.

It's going to cost me a small fortune but should be worth it

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Why not buy an R is the obvious question?

Exactly!!

Unless you have brembos already you will need brakes.

LCR suspension is better so you will need this.

Rear brakes are crap so will need r32 or LCR rears

Seats are crap in the cupra along with the horrible grey plastics!

Why try to make the car an R when it would be cheaper to buy an R

If you continue along this route you either have too much money or not enough cells upstairs!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Why would you want to drop the Cupra R engine in when you already have a car that is putting out more bhp than the standard R?

You'd be spending lots of cash to put the R engine in to be worse off in power terms (before paying again to get it mapped) plus as others have said, you'd want the brakes (not cheap) interior (not cheap) and a whole host of other stuff that in itself would probably cost the same (maybe more) as buying an R itself.

I'm not really sure I understand your motivation for this and I'd urge you to reconsider before spending so much money on something that will never be what you want it to be, as has been said, just dropping an R engine in won't mean it will be a registered R.

Ultimately it's your money and your car so do whatever pleases you but the sensible option would be to sell up and buy what you clearly wanted from the start :)

Gazryder009

I can understand what everyone is saying I really can, but it's just the fact I want to make this my first project car, I know the car has more power than the R already but the remap will be free saving me £££ I have the seats already from a scrap yard but need a little attention as they have a few tears in them but my mother in law is a ex semist so she will repair them for a bottle of wine.

I need to buy breaks and 18 inch alloys most of the work can be done without too much hassel. I know I might sound stupid and insaine by spending money when yes I could buy the R straight off, but I want a challange and something to be proud off which then I know it all is my idea with my parts.

Just like buying a house some people buy a cheaper house to do it up, why? Because they want to put their mark on it.

I know people think I'm crazy but I just wanna be proud of what I will have made

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
People that do this really make me laugh.

I spotted a Nissan Note "type R" the other day.

Do they think I'm fookin' stupid?

Take all the badges off and keep them guessing, badge it up as a V8 twin turbo and get them pointing and laughing.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Just like buying a house some people buy a cheaper house to do it up, why? Because they want to put their mark on it.

What you're doing though is buying the cheap house to knock it down to build it exactly the same as next door...oh and next door is available without the extra cost :p

Understand a project but its a silly one. I had a 306dturbo as a first car spent loads on it and toyed with the idea of putting a gti6 engine in.......you know what I did?? Brought a gti6 because it was a **** idea!!!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
As I've said it's totally up to you bud, but I would think a genuine R would be a better starting point, that way you'd have more to spend on meaningful modifications.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise