Mk1 cupra r 2004

Nov 22, 2023
Heya guys new to the forum and I can see there is plenty of help on here! So I need some lol.
So my 2004 cupra r decides that sometimes when I boot it through the gears or drop it from third to second and put my foot down to completely loose power for a split second. And if I keep my foot planted it just hiccups for a few seconds before it puts the power down. It’s not the traction control as it does it if this is on or off. This can happen in any gear with my foot planted. Any ideas? It’s been on a rolling road yesterday and done over 50 miles on it and it didn’t happen once!! I’m guessing because it wasn’t under the same kind of load as it is on the road?
I’ve replaced the following with all genuine parts one at a time and it still does it. It’s only an intermediate fault which is even more annoying but it does happen on every drive at least once!

N75 valve
N249 was deleted before I got the car so it’s not that
Plugs
Coils r8
Maf sensor
Injectors
Dv

Tomorrow I’m changing the pre cat lambda sensor to try that.

Anyone else had this issue? Please help me before I smash this car to bits 😂😂

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Heya guys new to the forum and I can see there is plenty of help on here! So I need some lol.
So my 2004 cupra r decides that sometimes when I boot it through the gears or drop it from third to second and put my foot down to completely loose power for a split second. And if I keep my foot planted it just hiccups for a few seconds before it puts the power down. It’s not the traction control as it does it if this is on or off. This can happen in any gear with my foot planted. Any ideas? It’s been on a rolling road yesterday and done over 50 miles on it and it didn’t happen once!! I’m guessing because it wasn’t under the same kind of load as it is on the road?
I’ve replaced the following with all genuine parts one at a time and it still does it. It’s only an intermediate fault which is even more annoying but it does happen on every drive at least once!

N75 valve
N249 was deleted before I got the car so it’s not that
Plugs
Coils r8
Maf sensor
Injectors
Dv

Tomorrow I’m changing the pre cat lambda sensor to try that.

Anyone else had this issue? Please help me before I smash this car to bits 😂😂
Welcome to SCN, sorry to hear of your woes, try posting/searching in the SEAT car forums, in the thread for your model, as not all members read this newbie section.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.