Help with Gear Gaitor

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
Hi everyone

I changed my gear knob a while back for a Momo knob (image below).

I got the leather at the top to fit well, but the bottom didnt fit properly, it keeps popping out. I lost one of the little rubber "clips" that fit towards the front of the gaitor surround, and with one it won't fit properly.

I went to the dealer they told me the clips aren't sold separately I would need to buy a whole gaitor - just over 100 pounds.

Is that true? and if it is true I might as well get an LCR gaitor I like the red stitching and an LCR handbrake cover with it. What are the part numbers for those?

Thanks a lot.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Can't you fashion something out of a zip tie and mounts or similar?

You could then secure that side first underneath the gaitor before fixing the other side.

cd8a_1.JPG

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
don't think so - the clips insert into two slots vertically, then the back presses in downwards tightly. without the clips its loose and works its way out after a few hours.

I'm sure you can bodge something though to keep it down on that side. Gotta be better than paying £100 because of a broken clip :blink:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
i put the leather gaiter over the plastic surround and put the leatehr under it then pushed the surround back in place, looks better imo with no plastic showing and now its wedged nice and tight!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.