Hi everyone

Jan 13, 2024
I just got a Seat Leon 2017. missing SD card for sat nav. Managed to get one. When I put SD card in either slot I get the message "source contains the navigation database", but when I go to navigation it says "navigation database not available". Can anyone help please?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I just got a Seat Leon 2017. missing SD card for sat nav. Managed to get one. When I put SD card in either slot I get the message "source contains the navigation database", but when I go to navigation it says "navigation database not available". Can anyone help please?
Welcome to SCN, I seem to remember that the SD card may need to be paired to the car. Try the Leon Mk3 threads in the SEAT car forums to find an answer to your problem.

Tell

Staff member
Greetings.

Oh yes all the navigation difficulties were cracked with Mib2 here :love:.

The ultimate thread that was started of back in 2016 or so when the unit came out.

But you don't have to read it all. I wrote a resource from it which covers everything we learnt and how to get out of situations:

What your message means is that the SD card you put in doesn't tally with the card that was first put in the unit. This falls into the lost and found category of the resource. People do this when they follow the Seat instructions that don't apply if you don't have mapcare. Fear not you don't need mapcare since a clever poster in 2017 produced "workaround". It's used across all Seat board now it was here first. Exciter was the guys name.

So we use two ingredients, the "workaround"plus an additional feature. The overall.nds file one from the first release of the Mib2 fixes all issues on. 99% at least.

Take a copy of your existing SD card to hard disk.

I recommend you use the latest maps see post and the one after for zones.

This is the June 2023 release. Over the years, the map for all of Europe outgrew the 16GB card. I suspect that is the one you have. You can obtain off ebay etc a 32gb card. Can be Skoda or Seat etc. Use ratings.

If you aren't driving across all or Europe, I recommend you use ECE1

https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2110_V18.7z

You unzip that with 7zip although Windows 11 or possible 10 will unzip it. Having unzipped it drag it to a directory on your hard disk.

Now on your SD card which you took a copy of, click it to r/w. Delete what is on the card. Don't do a reformat that can lead to issues. Just wait for the delete to go through.

Now drag and drop the unzipped map directory to the SD card. Now you need the secret source.

This post attached to it contains the overall.nds file that fixes all missing overall.nds file for Seat. It's the year dot one.

Then you just do this:

In zip form the overall.nds file is attached. You need to unzip then it goes in as step 9.

Steps:

1. Download the latest standard MIB2 maps
  2. on the infotainment go to settings, safely remove, sd1 card
  3. remove sd1 card from glove box slot
  4. long press on the on / off to reboot it a couple of times
  5. insert sd card in to computer
  6. copy and paste all contents to a directory on your computer
  7. Format the SD card keep it as fat32 and leave format settings as default in file explorer (don't forget to push the card lock mechanism to off) (ditto in a MAC or delete all from the SD card)
  8. Copy the new downloaded map version to the SD card (after unzipping it)
  9. Replace /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with the one from the original SD card
  10. eject the sd card (on a MAC run CleanMyDrive on the SD card - then eject)
  11. Inserted the card into the card 1 slot in glove box whilst infotainment is off
  12. power on and go to navigation
If using a Mac best to use Keka and CleanMyDrive. 7zip if using a PC.

Those steps are the "workaround" but instead of using the one the unit was paired with (it's lost) we use the historic year dot one. So copy that overall.nds file into that place.

Once the unit is switched on it will take a little longer to build what it needs to build, then you should be OK and it will stop complaining. You will see a map.

A long press on the on/off button is a reboot. These are useful when swapping cards to get it to re-read the card rather than what it has in memory.

Best of luck. Gave the tutorial here. That thread is the navigation thread for mib2. I only watch that thread unless I'm called in.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.