Hi folks

gar074

Just rejoined this forum after several years of absence (I couldn't remember my old username & password, and my old email address is defunct, so re-registering seemed like the easiest option!).

We've had two mk1 Leons (both tdis) and a mk 4 Ibiza (a 1.2), but there's not been a SEAT in the family for 4 years (I liked the looks of the mk 2 Leon, but couldn't live with the low-rent interior). I'm now looking for a replacement for my Citroen DS3 DSport THP (a cracking little car), and have just test-driven two Leon SCs, a 1.4 and a 1.8. My comments are in the "1.8 vs 1.4 (TSI in FR spec)" thread (sorry, I'm not permitted to post a link yet).

Still not sure whether I'll return to SEAT - it's all in the deal, at the end of the day - but pleased that they're back in the game, and very pleased to be back on this great forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

toca72

Aug 10, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just rejoined this forum after several years of absence (I couldn't remember my old username & password, and my old email address is defunct, so re-registering seemed like the easiest option!).

We've had two mk1 Leons (both tdis) and a mk 4 Ibiza (a 1.2), but there's not been a SEAT in the family for 4 years (I liked the looks of the mk 2 Leon, but couldn't live with the low-rent interior). I'm now looking for a replacement for my Citroen DS3 DSport THP (a cracking little car), and have just test-driven two Leon SCs, a 1.4 and a 1.8. My comments are in the "1.8 vs 1.4 (TSI in FR spec)" thread (sorry, I'm not permitted to post a link yet).

Still not sure whether I'll return to SEAT - it's all in the deal, at the end of the day - but pleased that they're back in the game, and very pleased to be back on this great forum!

Welcome back :) I have also returned recently from a long absence (6 years) too as i had a mk1 leon cupra diesel and now a soon to be a happy owner of a seat leon supercopa.
I was looking at the mk3 Leon's also but not too keen on new shape but starting to grow on me now and plus wasn't in a position to buy from new and in the mk3 guise as there wasn't a powerful diesel as I'm coming from sporty petrol hatches although I hear there is one out now or coming soon.
I hope you do get a good deal from Seat as many dealers now are offering some good deals so good luck with your searching and maybe we see you back on here with pics of your SC.
What other non Seat cars have you been looking at?

gar074

My local dealer could have tried a bit harder, tbh - a less-than-generous trade-in allowance, and only a few hundred by way of discount on top of the free Tech pack and the £1000 SEAT contribution to the deposit. They're a long way off the prices being quoted by online brokers (at least £2k shy, in fact).

Also considering, amongst other things, another DS3, a nearly-new BRZ/GT86 (there are some good deals to be had there currently, and they are a fantastic drive), or a 2nd hand Scirocco.

Decision, decisions!

toca72

Aug 10, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Have you tried other dealers thats if there are any nearby? And have you tried the same method at other dealers e.g. Citroen or VWto see what you can get or give you off etc?

This was the main reason i didnt buy new again, you just dont get a good or fair deal anymore and the depreciation from driving off the forecort too.

Nice cars them BRZ/GT86 and seem pretty rare and you normally get better deals with Jap make too.
My mate has a Scirocco and they are really nice cars too but his is fully loaded with leather, DSG etc. He bought it new 3 years ago on a PCP and just bought it off VW for what I think is a good price and long term i would imagine they hold their value more.

Decisions indeed mate...what to do eh?

You could wait until the mk3 Leon cupra SC comes out :) be a long wait i would imagine tho.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.