HID Confusion!

matsportline

Dec 26, 2006
Evening all, and before anyone says anything I have searched and read previous threads but that has seemed to confuse me more! So was wondering if anyone would be kind to give me some advice.

1.)what is the best kit to go for bi/xenon? 8000k? want to avoid the rozzers?
2.)don't want to cut any of my original wiring is this possible
3.)where to buy from?
4.)and my old man has a passat on a 2000 (w) plate and he would like some, any ideas?

Cheers guys

Matt

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
right to put it simply and to answer the questions in your order...

1) bi xenon is only needed if the car has one bulb for both dipped and main beam, 6000K and 4300K are the whitest with a slight tinge of blue. and the rozzers cant do anything about HID's unless they are too blue or purple (these are the 12000K kits)

2) you'll find with most kits you dont have to cut any wires, they are just plug and play, the only cutting usually needed is to the back of the headlight which is removed when gaining access to the bulbs.

3) alot of people on this forum have bought from a person called dianes shop on ebay. if you type this in google it will give you a link

4) and with regards to your dads passat. just go and google and look for the bulb fitment for his car usually along the lines of H1, H4 or H7 and then select this option when buying your kit.

hopefully that answers all your questions :)

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
the mk3's only differ between the 1.4's and the 1.6/cupras, if youve got the latter, you'll need H7 for dipped beam and H1 for full beam.

if you've got a 1.4 you'll need the H4 bi xenon kits because most of them only have 1 bulb

matsportline

Dec 26, 2006
so if i need h7 and h1 is there a way to get dipped and main hid or do i have to buy 2 lots of kits?

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
you have to buy two kits im afraid, ive gone 6 months without a main beam kit, im only gettin full beam for crimbo cos i couldnt think of out else to get!!!

matsportline

Dec 26, 2006
I'm looking at hids direct they do a h7 50w kit 5000k for £63 inc delivery and its a uk based company anyone used them before?

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
dane i have a set of 6k hid's in mine and have just blown a bulb somehow checked it all through jus to make sure if anything else could of made it fail and its the bulb. can you buy them individually or just as a kit?

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
dane i have a set of 6k hid's in mine and have just blown a bulb somehow checked it all through jus to make sure if anything else could of made it fail and its the bulb. can you buy them individually or just as a kit?

Hi mate, yeah you can buy bulb's in pair's it would be best for you to give us a call and order them that way they come in at about £25.00 inc VAT and P&P :)

Dane.