HID conversion(dont kill me!!!lol)

Ibiza_46

Ok i have trauled through basically all the HID conversion post on here and have decided too buy a Bosch HID conversion kit for my ibiza!
Just a couple of questions though i honestly couldnt find the answers for:
If i convert to HID, what happens when i switch to my main beams will they be normal halogen lights???
Will this also be the same with the fog lights??
If so is there anyway of changing the fog lights so they look like HID bulbs aswell as i think that if i have both on at the same time it might look odd!
Hope this makes sense!!
Anyhelp will be appreciated really!!
Thanks alot

Ibiza_46

does that mean buying three different HID kits with different size bulbs??
cheers

Ibiza_46

ok kool cheers guys!
Might do the fogs if i have a little bit of money to spare!!
Can you get bulbs that are'nt HIDs for the fogs that look kind of bluey too match>???

Ibiza_46

no dont worry im not one of those noobs!!![:@] Just would like my lights too match if it happens to turn foggy!!

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Then HIDs won't help. There is a reason why fogs are yellow colour and that is becuase white reflects back in fog. Yellow will help you see. How foggy is it where you live? I have used fog lights due to fog (and not to show some idiot they have theirs on) twice in the last 5 years. Seems a bit of a waste of money imo

Ibiza_46

O rite ok didnt know that!
Thanks for the help i will leave them yellow then!
Cheers

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
I have HIDs (as you can see from sig) but wouldn't change my full beams or fogs as the slightly yellow light is better is come circumstances (fog or misty days being the most obvious).

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
you can get xenon filled bulbs from halfords that are ment to look the same dont know how good they are though

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
These the ones you're getting bud? :)

000_0068.jpg

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Agreed which is why even on high end models standard halogens are used on the main beam for flashing and bi-xenon for long main beam use (this is where the lamp has a deflector plate in it to aim the beam)

I must admit we have a 56 plate Audi A8 in work and it's the first car I've ever seen with Xenon dipped AND main beam - but it's all included in one bulb I think. Because it all comes out of the same projector and you can't see them `flick' on and warm up.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
I must admit we have a 56 plate Audi A8 in work and it's the first car I've ever seen with Xenon dipped AND main beam - but it's all included in one bulb I think. Because it all comes out of the same projector and you can't see them `flick' on and warm up.

It prob is bi-xenon dipped/main with halogens in the projectors for flashing. The new Skoda Superb has this setup

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.