HID's ??

dewindoeth

Nov 19, 2008
evening all,
i fancy getting some hid's but havent a clue about them. i have tried to find a fitting guide here but no luck. is there a a certain type i need for the mk4 ibiza? what type do i need?
anyinfo on these wil be great.
thanks

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
h7, diane-shop on ebay.

44 delivered and perfect for me.
simple to fit i just gaffa taped the ballasts t the crash bar bhind the bumper and fit bulbs as normal

job done...simples

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Their replacement headlights. Instead of using normal bulbs they use bulbs and a ballast to up the power.
You tend to see them in newer car like BMW's, they create a wall of light.

The legality is a grey area however I've had mine on two seperate cars now and I live in the inner city.
Police never said anything.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Their replacement headlights. Instead of using normal bulbs they use bulbs and a ballast to up the power.
You tend to see them in newer car like BMW's, they create a wall of light.

The legality is a grey area however I've had mine on two seperate cars now and I live in the inner city.
Police never said anything.

Its not a grey area... they are illegal to retro-fit into halogen headlights.
Someone always says "it`s a grey area".

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Ok, "Its Not a grey area, Its technically Illegal but the police wont give a **** and aslong as it passes MOT tests. No one cares"

Just make sure it can pass beam pattern tests, If it can then there's no reason for the Police to pull you.
Go for H7R's they'll provide alot less glare.

My bulbs do not scatter the beam of light

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
Its about as illegal as fitting an exhaust tip and not declaring it on your insurance.

No-one cares about it and if you get pulled and fined i'll pay your fine

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise