High Pitch Noise from Engine??

wedgie27

LIL_WDG
Jul 1, 2008
Worcester
Guys when my car is runnin over 2k revs there is a horrible intermittent high pitch squeak!

Ive lived with it for abt two years, and has been taken to my local dealers about 5 times to try and repair the problem.....with no luck! I'm 99% certain its coming from the engine bay?
:confused:

I've had loads of work done on it under warranty to try and fix it, but they could never pin point it down. The cam-belt tensioner and rollers have been changed, had new brake pads all round and a few other bit n pieces which havent worked!
:cry:

Anyway, it only does it when over 2k revs, when it is in gear and I am not accelerating. For example if I'm approaching a roundabout and brake, as the engine slows down this noise occurs every other second or so until under 2k.

If I drop the clutch it stops, and as soon as I start accelerating it stops.

I need to find the problem as I cant handle the third summer of trying to hide the noise by not winding the windows down, or turning the music up!!

Any responses would be appreciated!

Thanks

Wedge
:D

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
what car do you drive?
i had somthing similar, might be a gasket. mine was my turbo manifold gasket,tightened it up and the noise went away.could be your egr gasket. is it like a squealing noise only on boost?

bazzahpool

if it stops when you dip the clutch, that sounds like a thrust bearing on the gearbox input shaft but i could be wrong, my mates went on his fabia vrs.

what engine??

slightly off topic but on the pd130 when you accelerate and it boosts there is a squealing noise like UZI_CUPRA said, is that normal or is there something wrong

wedgie27

LIL_WDG
Jul 1, 2008
Worcester
Sorry didnt get the notification of his response.

Please forgive me for my ignorance.

I have the 1.4 DAB, its a 5 speed.

It only occurs when the car is in gear but I am not pressing any pedals!

It's a real strange one??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members