High pitched noise when stereo turned on (coming through all speakers)

Nov 10, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Hey folks, had the following fitted today;

6.5" Fusion components
Vibe QB69 speakers (6x9)
Fli Audio 900s 4 Channel Amplifier

The high level inputs on the amp are being used to feed the speakers etc.

Had them fitted at a car audio shop but i've now realised there is a high pitched noise coming from the speakers, all of them.

Basically, when the car is off, and the radio is on the noise is there.

When the car is ON and the radio is on the noise is there.

Thats with the volume set to 0

If I increase the volume and play music, obviously I can't notice it, but surely thats not right, as that sound shouldn't be there...

Any ideas?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Take it back to the place that fitted it.

Could be a dodge earth, power cables ran next to RCA cables or just a poor/dodgy amp.

Nov 10, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I'll try and get it back tommorow to the shop, although the amp should be good, FLI is a respectable brand really...

Im starting to wonder if is the GROM ipod adaptor they fitted also...

Before I go back tommorow, im going to disconnect the GROM ipod adaptor and turn the radio on, see if it makes any noise, if it does, then I guess it could be the earth lead that that is using...?

Priezti

Auto-Electrical Monkey!
Feb 11, 2009
Doncaster
is this running off the stock stereo by any chance?

most probably caused by the remote feed been taken from the ign live at the back of the set rather than the remote out, high level inputs are poop anyway, get them to fit line to rca adaptor and some rca's for when u get a proper radio :)

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
turning down the gain,just masks the problem,all wiring needs to be checked over thoroughly.
do you have a good earth?bolted to chassis?unpainted surface?if not itll cause a higher resistance causing the feedback through the rca's.wheres the amp attached to?is it screwed down into the floor?if so itll be causing a ground loop.wheres the rca's and power cable situated?are they running together?not often but sometimes can cause interference especially if not a high quality rca lead

matt

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members