High revs on start up when warm

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
Have a bit of a prob with my 2003 lcr did a 15 mile journey so engine was quite warm parked the car on the tuned engine of. Then about 20 secs later Mrs decide she wanted to get out. So started car up the reves shot up to 2000 rpm then when revved it splutters a bit then after about 20 secs went back down to normal idle speed as any one had this problem before and know what it could be.

Philz0r

its nothing to worry about, was the car just washing some fuel around the system.

vngtx

probably just the ecu making it rev at 2k to get the water and oil pump going to cool it down. if its a turbo model it should do this idealy to avoid turbo damage from lack of oil.

Philz0r

basically what you said, just to cool its self down. after your 15mile journey i'm guessing you just turned the ignition off without a cooldown (cooldown just letting the car idle for 5 minutes)

and when you restarted your car, it just got the juices flowing again from where you turned it off.

my old 1.2 punto did it all the time when i was delivering pizza's xD

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
basically what you said, just to cool its self down. after your 15mile journey i'm guessing you just turned the ignition off without a cooldown (cooldown just letting the car idle for 5 minutes)

and when you restarted your car, it just got the juices flowing again from where you turned it off.

my old 1.2 punto did it all the time when i was delivering pizza's xD

I always let it cool down 4 a couple of mins

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise