:( hit and run

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
I'm not very happy :cry:

Some arsehole hit my car in the carpark across from where i work, so now need the whole front bumper resprayed :( They hit it quite hard as the paint has all cracked and is peeling.

Thing is I was parked next to a yellow hatched space so no one can even park there. (only hatched so the building can open the doors).

Guessing someone reversed out of another space opposite or something into it.

xx:cry:

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
sorry to hear that, especially after all your work to get it back on the road!

It sounds like someone was in a rush and thought '**** it'. You don't hit another car without realising.... surely?

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
You would have to be seriously silly not to notice you hit another car, and it wasn't just a tap.

When someone hit my other ibiza when it was parked, they ripped the bumper off and still tried to tell me they didnt hit it. Had the colour of her car all over it.

It has cctv camera's in that car park so going to investigate that.

x

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
Get the CCTV checked and you should be all good to claim on their insurance - does it still count as leaving the scene of an accident if its not on a public road?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Its in a private car park too, so you won't be able to claim from that person anyway.

Sorry to hear it, it happened to me in my MK2 (rear bumper cracked), and in my MK4 (front bumper scraped rather deep) just 2 days after I got it. Its ****, but unfortunately there's nothing you can do.

xrchris

May 9, 2007
Sussex
The definition of 'Road' under Section 143 of the Road Traffic Act was amended by the Motor Vehicles(Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 2000 to include public places.
This also includes car parks adjacent to commercial premises to which a customer has access.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members