Horn, Indicators, Wipers and Headlights not working

Nov 17, 2019
Bristol
Hi I own a 2003 1.8t, started it up this morning and came on like normal but went to switch on the indicators and nothing was happening same with the wipers, full beams and horn. This led me to believe it could be the clock spring but the flash and the switch to change what's displayed on the screen still worked so I'm not really sure what's going on. And at the same time my headlamps stopped working too so I'm worried it could be a much bigger problem. I checked all the fuses and battery terminals but everything seemed okay. Any help with what could be wrong would be really appreciated

Cheers

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi I own a 2003 1.8t, started it up this morning and came on like normal but went to switch on the indicators and nothing was happening same with the wipers, full beams and horn. This led me to believe it could be the clock spring but the flash and the switch to change what's displayed on the screen still worked so I'm not really sure what's going on. And at the same time my headlamps stopped working too so I'm worried it could be a much bigger problem. I checked all the fuses and battery terminals but everything seemed okay. Any help with what could be wrong would be really appreciated

Cheers
I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head, but as said above i expect a relay may be the issue. I will have a look through some wiring diagrams and see what they all share in common when i get chance.

Nov 17, 2019
Bristol
I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head, but as said above i expect a relay may be the issue. I will have a look through some wiring diagrams and see what they all share in common when i get chance.
I found a relay which i believe to be correct and replaced it cleaning out the socket in which it sits and have gotten to a point where it all works but only when the ignition is on as soon as i go to start the car the lights switch off and goes to how it was before, even more confused than i was before haha

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.