• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Dec 20, 2022
11
0
Hello
I have a 2012 seat Leon that has no horn working
I have tested the 449 relay which works I have used a jumper wire on the relay pins 3 and 4 on the relay connection and the horn works so fuse 17 is working the main question is I’ve been told that it could be the clock spring but have no other problems so I have no airbag faults and the menu buttons work on the steering wheel and the stereo buttons work so is it still possible for just the horn not to work in the clock spring
 
Ok so replaced the clock spring and now the horn works but now I have another problem the alternator is not working so please can someone explain how to remove it as there doesn’t seem to be any room at the top or bottom of the engine to get it out
 
The A/C pump unbolts from the bracket on the engine then swings out of the way to allow room to drop the alternator out.
 
Thank you
Job done
Well they say things happen in 3’s well it’s true I’ve only gone to take the car out for a second time today and now the clutch pedal is sticking to the floor so my next question how do I tell if it’s the master cylinder or the slave cylinder