How did your Cupra (not R) feel to you as standard?

Exocet

May 10, 2007
I dont agree with that, I love the fact that my car has 6 gears, gives me something to do when driving at higher speed :D

Also my car pulls pretty well in 6 gear, well enough to overtake cars with with relative ease (normal driving and not racing mind you)

TAFFY aka beast

loving a turbo car at 19
Oct 3, 2008
cardiff
i was finding mine had heat soak. but then finally found out it was a boost leak fixed it and goes really well now loving it. how much is a stage one remap??

George

I dont agree with that, I love the fact that my car has 6 gears, gives me something to do when driving at higher speed :D

Also my car pulls pretty well in 6 gear, well enough to overtake cars with with relative ease (normal driving and not racing mind you)

I know where you're coming from! I'm a bit torn, whilst it's fun to tell everyone you have "6 gears" (well I tell everyone anyway :whistle:) and it does give you something to do at higher speed, I think its a little bit pointless because it's not as if 6th gear is a major fuel saver - it's not as if they got a standard VAG 5 speed box from the GTI or A3 and whacked a 6th gear on it... instead it's been differently engineered and seems to be much closer and 6th seems like 5th in any other equivalent car :headhurt:

Then again I do talk a lot of **** sometimes.

George

i was finding mine had heat soak. but then finally found out it was a boost leak fixed it and goes really well now loving it. how much is a stage one remap??

Cheaper than you think. I saw one for as low as £175 the other day. Not sure what's around the Cardiff area though, but generally expect to pay no more than £300 mate :)

Exocet

May 10, 2007
Then again I do talk a lot of **** sometimes.

not at all mate, I get your drift ;)

From a purist racing and engineering perspective I can see how the sixth gear is not really necessary, but most of us will be using it on a daily basis as a commuter vehicle and for that reason alone it's a good lark

black04ctdi

My previous car was a 1996 RX-7 RZ (lightweight, bigger brakes, Bilstien suspension as standard) that was standard engine wise, about 260bhp. My TDI 150 is just a bit different to that!

I do love the torque of the TDI, whereas the RX didn't have much at all. But the lack of revs and the way it runs out of steam higher up in the rev range is taking some getting used to! I have to keep reminding myself that I bought it to be a sensible, economical car that is still pretty fun, but I still finding myself wanting (needing?!) more! The RX used to do 150 and was still pulling, 0-60 just under 5secs, so guess I just need to learn to live with my new sensible life!:whistle:

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
When I first got the Leon Cupra I loved the grunt it offered from the 1.8T engine, as my previous two cars were both N/A and the power did not arrive until the last 1k rpm. One thing that took a bit of getting used to was the slight lag, accelerate mid corner, nothing, nothing, TURBO! ARGH! understeer! Just a change in driving style was required though and I still enjoy it on a good country road.

I think everyone gets used to the power of a car eventually, I am getting to that point and considering a remap but im sure that will feel normal after a few months.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.