How do I recognise my fuel pump?

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Where is the fuel pump on my Cupra and can I tell if it's non-standard? Would I get any obvious symptons of lean cuts or will I have to wait till 23rd May when I RR it? Ken

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
Red marks the spot

dbilas_cupra_ares_fp.jpg

You can't really tell (by looking at it) if your car has a modified pump unless you open the pump or you have the software to read the ecu. If your car is stock you shouldn't have fuel cuts, unless you have some dirt in the petrol or maybe the fuel pump is failing (not common). You may have fuel cuts if your car is modified and you have a CAI and/or an intercooler and you don't have an uprated fuel pump. How many miles do you have on your cupra?

Last edited:

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
Yes Hitachi. APR pumps are OEM(original) pumps with uprated internals and are pretested. Apart from that, they look like any other original TFSI fuel pump on the outside. I was asking for the mileage in case you had too many miles and there was a possibility you had a broken cam follower (the worst case). If the cam follower is broken, the fuel pump piston goes straight through the follower and onto the cam, so the pumping sequence may have irregularities. In this case though fuel cuts would be the least of your concerns.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.