How Do You Clean Your Mk2!?

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
2 bucket method for me and i use ziano show car wash, its think blue liquid and ive never been more impressed with a shampoo.

I have a wash mit and one of those micro fibre towels....

rain x is my best friend.

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
Best and easyest way to do it mate would be pay someone to get it detailed then mantain it yourself. As to get rid of swirl marks etc your gonna need a mop and a whole load of expensive detailing products. Best products ive found is Smartwax, Meguairs, Chemical Guys. Best thing i use for my wheels is Rimwax by Smartwax and it smells lovely to.

bet it gets u high when ur cleaning them lol

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
Autoglymn Paint Renovator
Autoglymn Super Resin Polish (AMAZING :drool: )
Autoglymn Engine Degreaser and Cleaner
Autoglymn Wheel Cleaner
Turtle Wax Shampoo
Turtle Wax car wax
Halfords Bucket
Brush
Sponge
Pressure washer

Elbow Greaser

loving the halfords 2 for 3 deal on cleaning gear, so buy the autoglymn stuff

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Autoglymn Wheel Cleaner
Turtle Wax Shampoo
Turtle Wax car wax
Halfords Bucket
Brush
Sponge
Pressure washer

Elbow Greaser

Yep I agree with the super resin polish, it really is amazing stuff.

I love the halfords 3 for 2 deal, hence why I have loads of unopened bottles of Autoglym stuff.

2 Many Ibiza's

loving the halfords 3 for 2 offer, Meguires 3step for 16quid....happy days!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Autoglymn Wheel Cleaner
Turtle Wax Shampoo
Turtle Wax car wax
Halfords Bucket
Brush
Sponge
Pressure washer

Elbow Greaser

haha your getting scammed chris, 2 for the price of 3 hahaha lol

i washed my car today

Bucket with just water and sponge, clean car
bucket with autoglym shampoo and sponge, clean car
rinse off with hose
dry with chamois

then
Autoglym Super Resin Polish (panel at time, work around car, then work in that same order taking it off)
Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine (same as AG Super Resin)
Autoglym Extra Gloss Shine (same, but its all about an even cover over the car, i left on for 1hour, then buffed off)

my car is super shiny, keep getting people staring (for 1 its a mk2 ibiza, 2 its a copper colour, and 3 damn its shiny)

shame it started raining when i just got back from gym :( lol

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss something lol
T-Cut Colour Restorer - works well.
T-Cut paste in a tube.
Simoniz MaxWax and Polish sometimes.
Simoniz Bumper Restorer - works a treat, lasts about 2 months at a time...
Simoniz Instant Car Wax, basically Carnauba Wax... smells nice - pretty nice stuff to use.
Simoniz yellow wash and wax shampoo.
Turtle Wax Clearglass
Holts Gloss JUMBO dashboard wipes.
Tesco multipurpose wipes

:p

Wash my car with a B&Q orange bucket, and a sponge, top to bottom, looks great... Pressure wash the car before hand. Top to bottom, rinse the car after washing a panel at a time, stop it from drying out and leaving bubble soap marks. Finish off with wheels with a seperate sponge, rinse all over, and go over a car with a wiper - custom made and improvised into getting the water off lol. works a treat...

Last edited:

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
And as for the alloys - my dad's a dentist... get's Sonicare electric toothbrushes through the post to try an review - hands them to me lol... I've got to say - a £70 sonicare electric toothbrush for free to clean the alloys works a treat!... :) haha

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
And as for the alloys - my dad's a dentist... get's Sonicare electric toothbrushes through the post to try an review - hands them to me lol... I've got to say - a £70 sonicare electric toothbrush for free to clean the alloys works a treat!... :) haha

lmao thats what i need, i spent all day yesterday cleaning my car and 3/4 was on the alloys lol

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
haha my god, all day? Ok I love cleaning my car - and I love driving etc. But I'll spend an hour cleaning my car, no more... :p think there's better things to do than clean my car haha, that's just sad Arun ;)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
haha my god, all day? Ok I love cleaning my car - and I love driving etc. But I'll spend an hour cleaning my car, no more... :p think there's better things to do than clean my car haha, that's just sad Arun ;)

haha, its called exageration!! i started out at 4pm, cleaned, polished, waxed, hoovered, dusted, back to blacked, painted my calipers, took each wheel off and cleaned induvidually and then finished at 10.30 :)....and took a half an hour break to have my tea ;)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
took me 3-4hours yesterday to clean, well worth it with the final look of the car :)

next investment is either a Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun (for Snow Foam) and/or some carnauba based wax (AG HD Wax or some Dodo Juice stuff)

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
what does that foam thing do? I've seen that on clean your car... like a pre wash thing? What is it? Wouldn't a pressure washer with that specific fitment work?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members