How do you get rid of streaky windows??

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Whatever I seem to do I just cant stop my windows looking like pap after giving the car a wash!!

Any suggestions??

What do you peeps use??

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
You need to use a proper glass cleaner and newspaper is the best for glass/mirrors

I normally use Mr Muscle and some newspaper and never get any streaks

Here is a trick for you, if you wipe upwards on the outside and then across on the inside you will see any bits that you may have missed! You can do it the other way of course too

If you have washed your car in this heat its going to get like that, if not streaky then LOADS of water marks, i would suggest leaving washing until later on at night or not bothering when its this hot as your causing more work for yourself

If the windows are REALLY dirty with bugs and grime then you may need to use something a bit stronger

Last edited:

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Coolio will give it a try, ive tried wipes but they only seem to worsen the problem and tried Mr Muscle with a damp cloth and it got like beads of stuff everywhere which has dried to my awful finish lol!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
blackturbo said:
Coolio will give it a try, ive tried wipes but they only seem to worsen the problem and tried Mr Muscle with a damp cloth and it got like beads of stuff everywhere which has dried to my awful finish lol!

You need to really use some force but if you do it with the right cloth it should dry on the screen as your wiping! A damp cloth is not really the best idea to be honest as it will go smeary

I would say Mr Muscle and newspaper is the best option without spending LOADS of money

When you going to try it?

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Probly tomo night as I have a leavin do tonight! Some lucky people of to Oz wish I was leavin this poxy country lol!

Anyways thanks for the advice! Hopefully I will be streak free soon lol!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
blackturbo said:
Probly tomo night as I have a leavin do tonight! Some lucky people of to Oz wish I was leavin this poxy country lol!

Anyways thanks for the advice! Hopefully I will be streak free soon lol!

Wicked! I should be getting mine 'Professinally Polished' on Wednesday night ;)

minxycov

Probably gonna get flamed for this....but white vinegar and kitchen roll....works a treat....

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
minxycov said:
Probably gonna get flamed for this....but white vinegar and kitchen roll....works a treat....

No vinegar is good for getting :censored: off things! Its good to wipe along wiper blades too as it gets the grime off ;)

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
I was going to say that, tiny bit of white vinegar in a spray bottle topped up with water works fine.

minxycov

Just don't get it too near the rubber seals....

oh and it works great on tiles in your bathroom too....and taps.... (handy housewife hint - except i'm not a housewife....)

minxycov

Vinegar of course..... :D apparently using vinegar and newspaper is the best but i don't get that....

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
minxycov said:
Vinegar of course..... :D apparently using vinegar and newspaper is the best but i don't get that....

Yeah newspaper is better than kitchen roll! ive it a go on you glass and mirrors and you will see the difference! It wont leave any bits which the kitchen roll can do sometimes! ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise