How do you program a key using Vag com?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I've heard it can be done, but how?
Are there any guides available? Also, is it possible to programe a 3 button flip key to operate the boot when the flip key replaces a standard 2 button key? (hope that makes sense?)

AndyC567

Feb 28, 2006
I've heard it can be done, but how?
Are there any guides available?
No point in me writting a guide as all you need to know is on the Vagcam website, and you will probably understand that better than anything I write

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Immo3-key-matching.html

Very easy to do, once you have the SKC code, and a new key with a virgin transponder in it..

Most of my problems were trying to code an second hand key and transponder, before I found out that they are not re-usable on different motors !

Just a word on the SKC codes..
They used to use a 4 digit SKC, but they now use a 7 digit SKC.
I am told that the 7 digit version is just a encrypted version of the 4 digit one, and that you need the date, workshop code and importer code in order to un-encrypt it.
Vag com will do this for you, so don't worry.

Just hope the dealer gives you a 4 digit SKC, as it is then very straight forward.
If they do give you a 7 digit version, ensure that you also get the date it was generated, their workshop and importer codes.

Let us know how you get on.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Cheers mate.
Does this guide help with the boot button? I had a quick look over it, but without following it step by step on vag com, it makes little sense.
Dave

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.