How long does it take?

tedmorbed

I ordered a Leon FR TFSI on the 12 August and I am still waiting for a build week for my car. Has anybody else had this problem recently. The Dealer says maybe I will get it in December. So its a bit more than the 8 to 12 weeks they tell you when you order.

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago ( leon fr tdi ) and the chap said build week 45 and to expect it mid december.
Mind you that could of just been a guess rather than fact :confused:

stevesLeon

ordered mine (Leon FR CR TDI, via LEX) on 10th Sept ; estimated in-stock date is 4th Dec.

FRNikki

i know VW are quoting 3 months to wait for a new car from ordering as i was looking at getting a golf before i bought my Leon

stevesLeon

Yep, LEX indicate:

"Audi and VW are experiencing extended lead times on factory ordered vehicles at present and have also reduced the allocation of vehicles to dealers."

and majority of quoted times are now well into 2010 (assuming you can get one!)

tedmorbed

I actually pushed them today and they said mine will be built week 46 and get to the dealer week 51. I don't know why they tell you 8 to 12 weeks when you order when im sure they know otherwise. I did happen to mention that if the car runs into 2010 then the vat will go up.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
AFAIK the rate of VAT prevailing at the "VAT" point, i.e the date of the invoice is what will be applied and charged, the date ordered is irrelevant, unless you paid in full then.

Mr H

I had a really bad experience with both VW and SEAT. I had to cancel a VW order after waiting 2 months not even getting a build date. Turned out they couldnt guarantee a car before Jan 2010.

Then moved onto SEAT which started better and got worse. Different dealers tell you different things. most tell you what you want to hear. Again i then heard that no more cars this year! Even ones ordered Aug/Sept were struggling.

Thank god i found a stock FR (which i got saturday), otherwise i would have been up sh*t street!!

Summary - dont believe what the dealer says!

Tom_SE_2009

Oct 25, 2009
Ive got an SE on order. My uncle is the sales manager at seat in Leeds, so i know the reason why mine has been dealyed to mid december, its because they arent building any cars with leather interiors until a new machine comes that fits these at week 48.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Ive got an SE on order. My uncle is the sales manager at seat in Leeds, so i know the reason why mine has been dealyed to mid december, its because they arent building any cars with leather interiors until a new machine comes that fits these at week 48.

? asim1 has just collected his yesterday and that has got leather interior !

Tom_SE_2009

Oct 25, 2009
dont they come standard in the FR?

im just going on what the guy said to me at the dealers, i belive the guy as he is my uncle!

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
A word of caution, some dealers are passing on the increase in VAT to customers who ordered this year but are facing delays. I am looking forward to that argument with mine shortly.

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
A word of caution, some dealers are passing on the increase in VAT to customers who ordered this year but are facing delays. I am looking forward to that argument with mine shortly.

I had this discussion with my dealer the other day, I even mentioned if i pay in full before the end of december, he simply refused to budge and said id still have to pay the vat if the car arrives next year.

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
I've just picked up my car from the dealer in Bristol having ordered it on 01 August. I was concerned at the time of order that the £2500 I got off for the scrappage scheme may be at risk if the scheme was stopped before the car was delivered. The dealer confirmed that you enter into an agreement at the point of order which both sides have to honour.

I also see that most cars have gone up £500 on 01 Oct and there was no attempt to pass this on, hence I'm not sure why VAT would be different. Devil is clearly in the detail however and I was never given this as my order form did not have this on. I would ring several SEAT dealers and confirm their position and if you still get no joy, I would ask for the contract and check with Citizens advice.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.