How long have you been waiting for your FR?

jon1

May 7, 2005
Sunderland
Just wondering how long people have waited/ been waiting for FRs

Iv orderd a Yellow TFSI FR with 18". (No options other than wheels) and iv been given a delivery date of 26th April, is it worth complaining? i wanted to order early to get the new reg on the 1st of march but end of april sounds a bit excessive!

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Does seem a bit excessive well past the usual 12 weeks. Surely there must be a stock car of this pec which can be available sooner?

illustrious

Converted Beezer lover..
Apr 5, 2005
Worcestershire
I ordered my Yellow FR 170 with 18's last Tuesday. As there was one already 'on the boat' the dealer said it should be ready in a fortnight. I checked again today, they said 3 to 5 days before it's delivered to them, then about 3 days before I can have it. I'll wait and see...

UPDATE: Collected on 30th Jan, a day later than planned due to the dealer finding that the air bag control unit needed replacing because of a warning light on the dash. Done 400 trouble free miles so far and loving every second.
Hope everyone else waiting for theirs get's them in good time & trouble free.

Last edited:

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
I ordered Red with 18's Sunday 7th Jan for March 1st and have been told it should be OK. The dealer is in Harrogate, North Yorkshire

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
Just wondering how long people have waited/ been waiting for FRs

Iv orderd a Yellow TFSI FR with 18". (No options other than wheels) and iv been given a delivery date of 26th April, is it worth complaining? i wanted to order early to get the new reg on the 1st of march but end of april sounds a bit excessive!

You need to ask why it will take this long i have checked VOT this morningand these cars are available and are at port, how much have you been quoted. VOT is vehicle ordering and tracking all seat dealers have it dont take any rubbish from them, i could turn this order around in 10 - 14 days if they give you any rubbish tell them you want your deposit refunding

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
This is true Insider mine has been sat at port for 2 weeks. They are sorting me out on ipod link and alu interior trim for the trouble though

coachdriver

Had ordered mine on the 5th October and was told 6-8 weeks numerous times. So expected to get it early to mid December.

No contact from dealer by early December so chased them up and told that it was still at the factory !!

After much harrassing by me and little concrete information flowing thr other way I was told that Seat had "lost 300 cars" !! Couldn't get my head around this and the rubbish I was being told.:wtf:

Car eventually arrived in the UK on 30th December and I eventually got it last Thursday evening.

Still no explanation of the delay and I left the garage on fumes as they didn't even fill it up.:censored:

Not a happy bunny with the service one bit. Let's just hope the car is better than the salesman.

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
Had ordered mine on the 5th October and was told 6-8 weeks numerous times. So expected to get it early to mid December.

No contact from dealer by early December so chased them up and told that it was still at the factory !!

After much harrassing by me and little concrete information flowing thr other way I was told that Seat had "lost 300 cars" !! Couldn't get my head around this and the rubbish I was being told.:wtf:

Car eventually arrived in the UK on 30th December and I eventually got it last Thursday evening.

Still no explanation of the delay and I left the garage on fumes as they didn't even fill it up.:censored:

Not a happy bunny with the service one bit. Let's just hope the car is better than the salesman.

This did happen pedro at the factory inputted wrong chasis numbers onto the system and the cars didnt load correctly so they sat in the compound and were effectivley lost. this caused us great problems because it meant they couldnt be loaded onto the AFRAL system to generate reg numbers, it caused massive delays and cost a lot of dealers their year end bonuses[:@]

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
Hi guys

Ordered my FR TDi in red with 18s & bluetooth on 6th Jan with an expected delivery of 20th Jan

Dealer phoned me last Friday (13th) to tell me it had arrived!

Unfortunatley I'm just back from holidays today so pick it up tommorrow :D

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I ordered on the 21st Dec and was told 12 weeks approx. as it would be a factory build order. I wonder how long it takes to appear on the system with estimated delivery?

Scott

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Dealer phoned today to say the car hasn't been built yet. Should be in the next couple of weeks and then it will be trackable on VOT.

That means it will have taken 6 weeks from the order being placed before going into production. (ok write a couple off for Christmas and New Year).

Scott

jon1

May 7, 2005
Sunderland
Dealer phoned today to say the car hasn't been built yet. Should be in the next couple of weeks and then it will be trackable on VOT.

That means it will have taken 6 weeks from the order being placed before going into production. (ok write a couple off for Christmas and New Year).

Scott

So what date have you been quoted?

would you not want to wait for a march 1st reg?

stokeballoon

Dec 29, 2006
Deepest Darkest Somerset
I ordered mine just after christmas, specced including a Sunroof (for £310 too good to miss!) was given a build date of week 05, now it has gone out to week 07, not looking like i will get it by 1st March.:cry: :censored:

Still, good things come to those who wait!

SB

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.