how much for winscreen on a p reg cordoba????

Nick2008

Onvi tdi-cupra r wannabe!
Aug 22, 2008
gloucestershire
hi all, am thinking of buying a half kiwi half red modified ex rally cordoba tomorrow, the owner is selling it quite cheap because someone smashed the winscreen and back window with a brick and he told me his mate works for autoglass and quoted £150.00 for each but not sure whether to believe him, anyone have any idea if that sounds correct? :confused:

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
hi all, am thinking of buying a half kiwi half red modified ex rally cordoba tomorrow, the owner is selling it quite cheap because someone smashed the winscreen and back window with a brick and he told me his mate works for autoglass and quoted £150.00 for each but not sure whether to believe him, anyone have any idea if that sounds correct? :confused:

Sounds a but cheap, i used to work there and they were more than that

What i'd personally do if its just a toy then get scrap screens cheap

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
i think theirs glue involved, apart front that just seals and a steady hand

Best thing if his mate says £300 done and your willing to spend that then give him that on top and tell him to get it all done

perks

Oct 27, 2008
Insurance? £70 excess and a firm guarentee. Whatsmore it doesn't affect your no claims bonus either.

perks

Oct 27, 2008
Very true Cupra Kid. I admit I scan read the initial post and hadn't realised it's a potential purchase.

I'd then avoid the insurance route as they'll want to know where all the debris is.

I've gotta pay more attention sorry :banghead2

cordobaGT

Half kiwi half red!! this wouldnt be this one thats now on ebay would it?

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Could be but there were quite a few floating around at one point, they made them to promote the world rally car

They did make a few, but not many around now. Mainly because the paintwork was shodily done so it kept peeling off :lol:

£150 for a screen is very cheap. Normally a lot more than that. Remember it needs fitting properly, there's a lot of structural strength in that glass fitment.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise