How much would i expect to pay for this LCR.....

G10CHY

2004 04 Reg SEAT Leon 1.8 20v 225 R Cupra Black
Mileage: 34,000
Service History
Good Condition slight wear on drivers seat

Thinking of going to look at this one and was wondering what sort of price they are currently going for.

Cheers,
Chris

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
look on autotrader website and input the info you have on here, thatll tell you everthing you need to know.

id say around £8k ish give or take would be about right in the current climate

G10CHY

Thats why im asking the question as i have seen the above one for £5,995 and wasnt sure if that was too cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:

G10CHY

Whats the main things on a LCR to check for? Think I will go and have a look tomorrow.

Im just bit worried about how genuine the mileage is and why its so cheap.

The next closest black one has 37,000miles and is £7k with FSH.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
thing is with the financial climate, people just cant afford to run performance cars now... so it could be well genuine, is it a private sale?

if you do a full check on it, hpi etc, check the service manual for mileage on last services etc then youll see the genuiness of the mileage.

try post a link to the site its frommate

G10CHY

No its from a Garage as i am also looking to PX my Clio 172 also.

Won't harm in paying for a HPi check suppose.

Thanks for your help James.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
if its a garagre then they should verify the mileage, also you should always get a vehicle check done on it, for 20quid its piece of mind, also aa qill do a multi point vehicle check, ask the garage if they mind this being done, thatll tell you a thousand things if they say they do mind.

check for water in the footwell, leaky door seals.
usual white in the oil filler.
check the shocks.
set off in 2nd and see if it stalls easily.

go on autotrader and look at buying a used car it tells you loads to look for.

garage should offer you a warranty also on this and send it out motd and serviced for a year.

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
from a garage? thats a bargain then...but this car sounds familiar, isnt this the one someone was on about earlier in week not being a genuine cupra r? just a facelift model!?

G10CHY

It's a genuine Cupra R as i have just done a HPI check on it.

The information we hold
Any potential issues or queries with the details you have supplied are highlighted in red
Vehicle Description
Make SEAT
Model LEON CUPRA R
Engine size cc 1781
Engine number BAM049992
Fuel Petrol
Body plan 5 Door Hatchback
Colour BLACK
Gearbox 6 Speed Manual Petrol
Number of colour changes: 0
Last colour change date
Year manufactured: 2004
Current keeper acquired on: 03-Aug-2006
Date of first registration in the UK: 01-Mar-2004
Number of keepers before current keeper: 1
CO2 emissions 211 g/km CO2 rating F

Seems all legite and it didnt flag any mileage discrepencies. Fingers crossed for tomorrow then! My girlfirend will love me taking her to look at a car on Valatines Day :D

G10CHY

Fingers crossed its a bargain. Will have a proper gd look round the car tho!!

Will keep you updated!

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
The only bit that worries me is the wear on the drivers seat. Mine had done similar mileage when I sold it and from what I remember the seats hadn't worn at all.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
My TDi has done over 120,000 miles and the seats are in perfect nick. Only way you can tell is the stone chips really!

G10CHY

The only bit that worries me is the wear on the drivers seat. Mine had done similar mileage when I sold it and from what I remember the seats hadn't worn at all.

Understand what you mean. The wear on the pic is a slight fade on the right side bolster but i suppose it also depends how the previous owner got in and out of the car. Maybe he/she was lazy and slided out rather than lifting off the seat first?!

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
and
may have been a fatty...........

id say go look at it, also seeing as youve done the hpi check prior to go see it id scrutinise it and look to buy as youll only have to pay for another when you look at another car.

ask the garage about the aa check seriously youll see if its genuinly good.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise