how much would you say a 10 year old 1.6 SE Leon with 130K is worth?

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
As the title says:... "how much would you say a 10 year old 1.6 SE Leon with 130K is worth?"

W reg/2000
130K on the clock
1.6 SE (not S, or SX)
Red

any ideas? Iv seen one but want to know how much I should offer as I what to get the price down, so what what you say?

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Well, to be honest that's about all I'd pay. Some people may think it's worth more. After all, it is a red one. Thing that puts me off is that it's had a recent gearbox.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Well, to be honest that's about all I'd pay. Some people may think it's worth more. After all, it is a red one. Thing that puts me off is that it's had a recent gearbox.

Well I want black, but cant find the right one for my budget, so red was my second choice. plan is to get a black one in September/ish 2010 anyway, so older, higher mileage Red one will do till then :)

what do you mean about the gearbox?

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Well, the 1.6 gearbox is fairly prone to failure. If it's gone recently then someone has put a scrapper one in which will be possibly as bad as the one that was taken out. No one would put a new box in a 10 year old car. And he's selling it as ideal for motorway use. What's that all about?

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Well, the 1.6 gearbox is fairly prone to failure. If it's gone recently then someone has put a scrapper one in which will be possibly as bad as the one that was taken out. No one would put a new box in a 10 year old car. And he's selling it as ideal for motorway use. What's that all about?

Im not keen on the wheels either! :p It does make me worried its been thrashed though, but theres not many 1.6 SE cars in my budget :(

Is a BRAND NEW gearbox expensive then?

No idea what the motorway use is all about!

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Im not keen on the wheels either! :p It does make me worried its been thrashed though, but theres not many 1.6 SE cars in my budget :(

Is a BRAND NEW gearbox expensive then?

No idea what the motorway use is all about!

just eBay'ed leon gearbox's and i guess seeing the price of a refurbished one a new one would proablly be more that half the price he is selling the car for.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells

what you think price wise of a red 1.6 S with 60K on clock?

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
w reg/2000
130k on the clock
1.6 se (not s, or sx)
red

any ideas? Iv seen one but want to know how much i should offer as i what to get the price down, so what what you say?

£1500

what you think price wise of a red 1.6 s with 60k on clock?

£2800 (51 / 02 / 52 plate)

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
around 500 quid traders would not pay more than that for this model but depends how much you want it aim at 800 maX.I wudn give more than tht for it.(for the 13000 milage example)

Last edited:

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
for the 1600 s with around 60k depending on year of course (but say a 02 52 ) your looking at 1750 top whack to a trader but it would have to be a minter . aim to pay no more than 1800-1900 bucks for a desent model. dont be afraid to haggle with the scrappage scheme ending soon car prices for second hands will increase by 5-10 %so haggle quick and dont give in till your happy..iv walked away from sales for 250 quid..sales guys have huge margins main dealers more so..good luck

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
a new car is in question. so the two cars im considereding are the red 60K 1.6 S as mentioned above or a black 1.6 S with 41K on the clock, both around the £2K mark. tax on the black one is due february and mot september the red mot due end of November 20010 i presume TAX same time but not sure.

any thoughts? £2000 budget really cant push much more than that, but although blck is the colour i want with 41K on the clock its due a service and its not had the cam belt changed yet, i presume the red one has. red is 02 reg black is a Y reg (would prefere numbers to letters but not too fused)

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
I'm slightly confused.

You've seen both cars at around 2k, which is way below retail/private value and slightly above trade price?

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
I'm slightly confused.

You've seen both cars at around 2k, which is way below retail/private value and slightly above trade price?

what are you confused abotu mate? if your confused other will be so i better clear it up. can you let me know whats not clear? :D

i am tryign to find out which to go for the black one with 41K or the red one with 61K. the red has long mot and probally TAX. aswell as proablly not needing cam belt change or service.

af1

Feb 17, 2008
lol sometimes people do put new things into old cars,

for example i have just put a new (recon) engine in my 7 year old leon and a new (recon) turbo

not sure why, the more and more parts i end up buying the more i wish i had a £300 Vauxhall Cavalier Diesel!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
what are you confused abotu mate? if your confused other will be so i better clear it up. can you let me know whats not clear?

i am tryign to find out which to go for the black one with 41K or the red one with 61K. the red has long mot and probally TAX. aswell as proablly not needing cam belt change or service.

You're looking at two cars to buy - a 41k black and a 61k red, both for £2000?

Where does the W reg 130k fit in?

Sorry if I'm being an idiot!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise