how to change middle rear seat belt

axeman_ukl

hi

i have a 2004 seat leon cupra tdi and the dog has chewed the middle seat belt to the extent that it will fail an mot.

i can get one from seat but i dont know how to get into it to change it ?:confused:

thanking anybody in advance for any light they can shed on this

Tom Greenway

hi

i have a 2004 seat leon cupra tdi and the dog has chewed the middle seat belt to the extent that it will fail an mot.

i can get one from seat but i dont know how to get into it to change it ?:confused:

thanking anybody in advance for any light they can shed on this

This is a bit of a pain,
you have to very carefully take off the rear head rests.the rear seat covers are deep grooves, you have to carefully unclip these being careful not to do any damage.
Carefully remove the foam padding.you will see a cable running up to the seat belt carefully unclip this.
You will see 4 nuts that you will need an alan key to remove, also on my car there was a 17 inch bolt that i needed to remove.
when replacing the belt give your self a little slack in the belt. if you cannot dont worry just yet.
replacing the belt is exactly the reverse when removing but what you have to remember is that the belt will not work until the rear seat is firmly sitting back in its housing. then you can release the belt to the correct tension. there is a ball bearing in the seat belt if that is not sitting right, the belt wont release, that is why it is important to have your seat back in the correct position.It is a bit labourious but you can diy
I hope this helps
tom:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise