How to improve mpg?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
When I had an ep3 I'd be lucky to get 300 miles to a tank but many smiles per miles

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
I used to get 230-240 miles with my fn2 rarely seen above 26mpg but i used it for what it was designed for

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Totally agree.

It amuses me over the amount of discussion on fuel economy on golfgtiforum.co.uk, and it also seems to be a favourite discussion topic for many Polo GTI drivers over on uk-polos.net. I can understand it being the focus of attention if someone buys an fuel economy-focused car, but not with a performance car. One forum member on golfgtiforum.co.uk got quite annoyed when I suggested he’d bought the wrong car, and perhaps he’d have been better off with a Golf GTD rather than a GTI.

IMO, if you drive a performance car, life’s too short to worry about whether you’re getting 25mpg, 30mpg, 35mpg or some other mpg figure. When your car’s getting low on fuel, just fill it up, drive it and enjoy it! Just my opinion though, and there’ll no doubt be some with an opposing view.

Switching off stop start is also part of my normal engine starting routine.............:whistle:
I used to get 26mpg in my FN2 but i didn’t mind it was made to get the neck wrung right out of it and that’s what i used it for.

i bought a house last year so didn’t want to spend that sort of cash on insurance / fuel / tax so i bought a 1.5 tsi leon. Good A to B car and frugal enough. I can get 400 miles to a tank now

lee123

Jul 27, 2006
Birmingham
Had my cupra 300 dsg for around a month now and my commute is 24 miles each way. It's a mixture of built up city area and 15 miles of a roads. I use the eco mode and get 38-41. That said when I have a play its considerably less

Reactions: Wilkesy

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Cupra 280 with a manual box. Mine is averaging 34.5mpg driving 40 mile commute on a dual carriageway being sensible. On the driver display average for each journey it say between 37 and 39mpg.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I was looking at stats for a BMW X1 2.0 the other day.... for no reason other than curiosity. I was surprised to find that it’s combined MPG was a lot less on paper than the Cupra. And is a lot slower. So actually as mentioned above, the MPG on the Cupra isn’t actually half bad.

I bet other cars would be surprisingly bad on fuel too which you wouldn’t expect.

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
I've only done around 500 km with mine and I get about 35 mpg. Mainly short journeys to and from work with comfort mode and start/stop disabled, with the occasional cupra mode (mainly Saturdays-Sundays) to have some fun. Shell V-power racing 100 ron since day one. It's my daily but tbh I didn't get it to save on fuel.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
I was looking at stats for a BMW X1 2.0 the other day.... for no reason other than curiosity. I was surprised to find that it’s combined MPG was a lot less on paper than the Cupra. And is a lot slower. So actually as mentioned above, the MPG on the Cupra isn’t actually half bad.

I bet other cars would be surprisingly bad on fuel too which you wouldn’t expect.
Aye a few cars surprised me when I was looking before getting the Leon. My brother in law has the Volvo c4 t4 and eats a lot of petrol sure it was below 30mpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise