How to protect new car?

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
I pick up my brand new Seat Ibiza on Friday in Chrono yellow.

The question is what is the best way to protect the car.
I have a Supaguard kit and was going to use that.
I have done my other car a Chrysler Crossfire in clear coat black and I am happy with that.
I just wondered what some of the profesionals though about Supaguard.
I do look after my cars and I am always looking for better polish etc.
I usually use Auto Glym super resin polish as it's very easy to use.

If I was going to buy a whole new cleaning system to polish and protect the car what makes would you consider to be the best?
Is it worth buying a really good shampoo for instance?
Also where is the best place to buy?

Sorry for all the questions but as I say I do like to keep my cars looking good.

Thanks.

Norrie.

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
sorry mate, been a way detailing for last two days.

Supragard? mmm, last say its a good as a chocolate teapot, great idea, love to eat it, but not fit for purpose.

Use your SRP and top with with the AG EGP (extra gloss protection) and it will be sorted.

SRP has cleaners in it, so a couple of applications of that and your 'pro sealant' is gone.....

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
So you don't rate the Supaguard then?
As I said I used it on my Crossfire and I am fairly happy with it.
I've heard AG EGP is a bugger to remove is this the case?
Do you rate Autoglym then?
I have a lot of Autoglym products and I always thought they were really good.
I do get the impression looking around the Detailing world forum that Autoglym isn't rated much and the likes of Meguires is rated as better.
I have learned a lot just in the last few days reading posts from here and the Detailing forum.
For instance I have ditched the sponge in favour of lambswool mitts and also using two buckets instead of one.
The thing is there are so many products out there and a lot of them are very expensive it's hard to no what ones to go for.
I get Autoglym products at trade price from Maccess which as you probably know is half the price you pay in the shops.
I do like to look after my car and any help is appreciated.
What do you recommend for the wheels?
I plan to take them off over the next couple of days and get them protected.

Thanks.

Norrie.

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
AG stuff is fairly good, and I still use certain products, their tar remover is hard to beat. I also use the shampoo for making up QD.

The AGP s fine so long as you apply it thinly. The megs stuff will only compete for durability if you buy into the pro range, you would need #16 wax for comparison.

Technique is as important as the product, a good wash technique etc will save you lots of polishing work.

Use the EGP on the alloys too, will work just fine mate.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.