how to remove boot lid plastic panel

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
hi guys having issues with my car, the bootlid light on the dash stays on and im trying to get to the wiring, does the interior panel on the boot lid have any screws or is it just clips

was going to remove it today but didnt want to break it,

can anyone help please

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
From what i remember there are screws in the grab handles and then you carefully but with quite some force just pull it off

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
As above, two screws then pull.
You will need your fattest mate to hold the boot lid while you do this as it requires alot of force.
Also don't do this when the plastic is cold as you run the risk of breaking it.
A large flat blade screwdriver or trim tool would help too

dirty

Jus yank the thing off, at the worst you'll snap some clips but nothing a bit of super glue cant handle, jus make sure you undo the screws before hand

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
I've just reconnected the pipes without removing the trim panel completely. Remove the 2 screws in the grab handles, remove the garnish light access covers and just pull firmly but carefully, there are 4 clips along the bottom of the trim, if you get those out (by pulling) you can manipulate the plastic enough to get your arm inside and reconnect the pipework. The pipes had connectors that clicked together so seal them, not sure if its been a problem on my LCR before as the grab handle screws were loose.

fahafiz

Jan 29, 2007
Hi

Just reconnected the bit near the boot interior light and also reconnected behind the boot lid but still no washer water is coming out. I think the washer hole may be blocked. Any ideas?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi

Just reconnected the bit near the boot interior light and also reconnected behind the boot lid but still no washer water is coming out. I think the washer hole may be blocked. Any ideas?

Have you checked at the left hand side..........remove the trim panel which houses the boot interior light, there is a connection there as well - might be disconnected :shrug:

fahafiz

Jan 29, 2007
Yes. I've checked that too. That was leaking. I reconnected and taped up. Then behind boot was leaking. I opened the lid and repaired that. Now no water anywhere :-(

MacRDG

Feb 3, 2015
Reading
I need to remove the trim around the rear windscreen so I can replace my rear spoiler - does the lower panel have to be removed first?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise