How to remove door still panels?

jtonline

www.jtonline.info
Cheers for that but could you not just spray it when its on the car? just mask off the bodywork? :think:

sounds a bit easier than buying new ones then spraying them and fitting them again?...

Yeah, you could quite easily.
I wanted to keep using the car though and the strips were cheap. A friend who owns a bodyshop painted and lacquered the new strips for me in a low bake oven when he had a few spare minutes and then I just collected 'em and stuck 'em on when it was convenient to do so.

:shrug:Fair enough. Ive never had mine off, but have seen the back of the pannels where the plastic pokes through, and on mine they have been melted and squashed over the surrounding area - rivit like. I suppose seat could have got bored of this idea (mine is one of the first production ones).

That's interesting. Good old SEAT, they change their minds so frequently on what they're gonna put in/on the cars and how they're going to do it.

The glue on my factory fitted strips was pretty strong (and the new ones haven't dropped off.. yet) so perhaps they are using better glue and therefore no longer a need to plastic weld them too :confused:

oneofthetwins

Born Slippy
Apr 16, 2009
Banknock
Yeah, you could quite easily.
I wanted to keep using the car though and the strips were cheap. A friend who owns a bodyshop painted and lacquered the new strips for me in a low bake oven when he had a few spare minutes and then I just collected 'em and stuck 'em on when it was convenient to do so.

nice, How much did it cost? My friends going to do it for me but he hasn't mentioned a price... (expecting the worst :()

Cheers
GM

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.