How to remove that panel ?

Feb 26, 2009
London
Does anyone know how to take that panel of ? How hard is it ? I want to cover it with carbon vinyl :)

IMAG0121.jpg

Thanks

Prez

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Does anyone know how to take that panel of ? How hard is it ? I want to cover it with carbon vinyl :)

IMAG0121.jpg

Thanks

Prez

Not too hard actually but you need to remove the stereo first and if you look in the FAQ section for the Leon MKII will show you how.

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009

IMAG0121.jpg

Thanks

Prez

Its relatively easy to remove.

Once you have the stereo out (as you said you already have) you will see two torx screws holding the panel in. Remove these then the panel is clipped in around the top and the sides.

The vents will come out with the panel btw.

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
be careful though. clips sit quite tightly. The most difficult one to remove is one top right corner....

I'm not sure how manual controls are secured to the panel but digital aircon is held using two torx screws from the behind. There is just enough space to pull cables, put a screwdriver in and unscrew.

IMO it is impossible to unclip cables with panel still attached. I had to remove these two extra torx screws to fully remove it from the car.

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
The manual controls aren't secured to the panel. They are mounted directly into the dash. The trim is purely there as a surround and to hold the air vents in place.

I agree with you about the clip on the top right corner. It was a bugger when i removed the panel for the first time.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Trying to get that top right clip back in took me a good half hour. Nearly gave up and threw the thing to f**k.:p

In the Clima units the wireing plugs are quite tricky to get unclipped, not sure how yours will go exactly.

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
Trying to get that top right clip back in took me a good half hour. Nearly gave up and threw the thing to f**k.:p

In the Clima units the wireing plugs are quite tricky to get unclipped, not sure how yours will go exactly.

thats why I just unscrewed mine rather than trying to unclip cables with the cc unit still attached to the panel.

Feb 26, 2009
London
It came off quite nicely. Took few minutes to get vents out but overall nice and easy job. Expected more challange I guess it was easy because it's manual.

IMAG0126.jpg

Now just waiting for vinyl to came, It may be tricky to put it around the vent and gouge holes.