How to take off inside door cards

commiemidget

Always Cruising!!
Jun 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi All

I recently had the mirrors changed on my Ibiza when it was having a front splitter fitted, but forgot i lost the outside temp sensor, i have a idea how to re-connect it but need to know the steps to remove the door cards and mirror base plates so that i can get to the wires to connect it again before i start mucking arrond with the old mirror to get the sensor off it.

any help would be fantastic.

cheers

commiemidget

commiemidget

Always Cruising!!
Jun 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi Flapper

Thanks for the advice, do you know how to take the mirror apart to get to the sensor as dont really want to damage the mirrior as mite need it later on,plus read the guild on how to remove the door trim do you need a special tool as stated or can you use anything really to remove the door trim that is clipped??

cheers

commiemidget

commiemidget

Always Cruising!!
Jun 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi Cus

That would be great mate, as i have the mirrors on and then i noticed that i didnt have the outside temp anymore which p***ed me off abit as i like that feature on the car.

Can you pm me the step by step guild? if not can you email me it to below

[email protected]

cheers

commiemidget

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
i'll email you tonight if thats ok.. i need to know if you can see the temperature thing in your old wing mirror? also, need to know if you can find the two wires which connect to the temp gauge. and then i can go from there :)

commiemidget

Always Cruising!!
Jun 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi cus

Yes the temp sensor is still inside old mirror so need to know how to dismantle mirror to get sensor out firstly then i gonna remove door trim tonite after work so that i can get to wires for sensor,

Thanks for help will check email tonite to get step by step instructions.

cheers

commiemidget

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
ok, btw, u cant take your old mirror apart easily. it will break m,ore then likely, so just smash it up, the sensor is at the bottom. its tiny so dont worry too much about breaking it

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
cus said:
ok, btw, u cant take your old mirror apart easily. it will break m,ore then likely, so just smash it up, the sensor is at the bottom. its tiny so dont worry too much about breaking it

Wrong. Taking the mirror out can be done without breaking it!!

Just turn the mirror towards car body (all towards the door), insert your tiny little fingers inside the gap that creates, behind the mirror, gently pull out. It comes off no prob I assure you. Just DON'T use any other thing than your hands (screwdrivers etc.) and don't place your thumb in the center of the mirror (in case you break it anyway, at least you don't get cut!).
Cheers!

commiemidget

Always Cruising!!
Jun 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi Carlo

Thanks for the advice, i got the door panel off no problem lastnite thanks to guild and flapper, will try your method to pull mirrior apart tonite after work, as the mirror is not on the car anymore so should be easier to gethold of.

Regards

commiemidget

ren87

Sorry to bring this thread back to life after 4 years, but i saw people were e-mailing a guide to get the door trim off...could someone please send this to me? thanks, chris

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise