Huge cracks on my drilled Brembos...dangerous to drive?

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Guys..my brembo drilled discs (genuine) 312x25 on my 4 pot seat sport callipers have started to crack even though with little use...

less than 8000 km without being hard on the brakes an on the drivers side, in an area of one quadrant, theres some cracks, out of which, one is huge and got bigger lately.

I am now very worried if it is safe to drive my car like this since the crack has reached the circumference of the discs.

Heres some recent pics

And some photos taken today.

I wont be using my car till my 6pot new brake kit arrives, however i have a 240km drive to Athens to get them installed...
What you think? Its safe to drive?

ibiza_adam

Jun 25, 2009
I wouldn't drive that mate!!! Not worth what could happen if it splits! Not to mention ruining pads etc...

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
drilled disks will crack like that, usually before they are near worn too

8000km is one thing but how long they been on?

how many pads sets fitted too ?

only cross drilled discs i have seen that work for daily use are on the front of motorbikes

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
thats why you should avoid drilled disks period - if brembo will replace them get grooved instead

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
I called the shop i bought them from and they told me to take them back to be sent to brembo for investigation.

its only the drivers side disc which is like that...

I installed them before summer, and i am on the first set of ferodo ds 2500 pads...(80% worn)

My new brakes will be grooved with aluminium centers...

If i get a replacement i will be selling those brembos....

The thing is...is it safe to drive?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
safe ? in a word - No!

if that crack is right through and appears on the next part how you gonna stop with a chunk missing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.