Hybrid issues!

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Do you know what Brad I had the same problem last year with GSF and after the second faulty maf in 2 months I got a refund off GSF as goodwill so they put it!
Glynn

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I would try a map sensor first as they are only around £35.
I had a similar problem, although i dont have a boost guage fitted, Icould tell my boost was surging in a similar way to yours. After fittinga new map sensor all is well now.
Glynn

Ok thanks fella. And which IS the MAP senor? Is that the one on the intercooler pipework?

I get lost on which one's where.

you wont hit 400lbft with standard injectors though
mine are maxed out at 355lbft
ok rollers differ so on rs rollers i could have 380lbft but on p-torques i only got 355lb ft

Mine is really low compared to other BT's low. Dunno why. :shrug:

as glynn said, try a map sensor, if still the same, try a new maf sensor, ive had two faulty ones from GSF car parts in the space of two weeks, it happenend to me, i went round a roundabout, and put my foot down off the roundabout and the car just lost all power, and it was boosting weird, this turned out to be a broken maf again!!! this was the second GSF maf, never buying a GSF maf again!!!, always tps parts now, but your symptoms sound like mine tho mate, get a map and maf sensor, im sure it will be one of those ;)

also my broken mafs didnt bring up a fault, the reason of this might be the sensor isnt reading correctly, but is just about functional not to bring up a fault code if you get me??? lol

Will at P-torque has said that the MAF was fine so I'm hoping it's a nice, cheap, easy to get to sensor! :lol:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I think the map sensor on the ibiza is hidden behind the left hand side bumper area up inside the wing - at least that's where it is on the PD160.

Any clues on what I'm looking for? It's not what i thought it was. :blink:

Does it not seem weird that this sensor MAY have blown just as the work was done? Or could the new power push it to break if it were already weak?

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
I think it' the map sensor that plugs goes into the intercooler pipework as you mentioned - mines is somehow holding in with the clip broken - supposed to put tie raps on it but i forgot :s

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Any clues on what I'm looking for? It's not what i thought it was. :blink:

Does it not seem weird that this sensor MAY have blown just as the work was done? Or could the new power push it to break if it were already weak?

Depending on the pipework it could be leaking around the seal ..... map sensor is located in the main boost pipe and detects boost levels. It's about the size of a small box of matches .... i didn't get pics of tonys car when the bumper was off and his is a different config to yours.

145450.png

I think it's no.17 on that diagram

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Depending on the pipework it could be leaking around the seal ..... map sensor is located in the main boost pipe and detects boost levels. It's about the size of a small box of matches .... i didn't get pics of tonys car when the bumper was off and his is a different config to yours.

145450.png

On the drives side? Ohhhh. :redface: :rollseyes:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I think it' the map sensor that plugs goes into the intercooler pipework as you mentioned - mines is somehow holding in with the clip broken - supposed to put tie raps on it but i forgot :s

By the looks of the pic though there's two sensor. I was thinking of number 16 i think.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Is that the side that pipework is on? I don't know the layout of the 130PD pipework very well ..... but it's a little box that screws directly into the plastic hardpipe :)

It looks like it's on the long stretch of pipework from the back of the engine bay to the front. And that runs on the drivers side. And I discovered something underneath the drivers side that may explain why this sensor has gone. :redface:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Actually 16 looks like it ....... should be simple enough to check, get the part number off yours and give David @ Sere a shout :) Or just ring him and say you need a price for a map sensor for a 130tdi Ibiza :)

Ah that one is easy enough to sort. :lol:

Has it been damaged by something ...... ;)

Yer - the floor. :lol:

I had a decent scuff the other day and I've noticed theres a hole in my undertray. Might be worth popping it off and having a look.....

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Worth checking connections at least - plus you're running a lot more boost now so any weak pipe joins will be suffering more than before. It's just possible that as the new increased boost comes in that a weak connection is being opened up?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire

145450.png

map sensor is in the pipes from the intercooler to the intake manifold.
Ibiza 130TDi, looking at your avatar pic, it'll be in the top pipe ;)
probably a bumper off job :whistle: although if you jack up the car and remove the undertray, you might be able to get to it:shrug:
(IIRC, held in with 2 no. Torx screws , or maybe allen head:think:)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Worth checking connections at least - plus you're running a lot more boost now so any weak pipe joins will be suffering more than before. It's just possible that as the new increased boost comes in that a weak connection is being opened up?

Yer I suppose. I wont have time this weekend to check either. :cry: Might have to do it one dinner hour. Just take the undertray off and look for something obvious.

map sensor is in the pipes from the intercooler to the intake manifold.
Ibiza 130TDi, looking at your avatar pic, it'll be in the top pipe ;)
probably a bumper off job :whistle: although if you jack up the car and remove the undertray, you might be able to get to it:shrug:
(IIRC, held in with 2 no. Torx screws , or maybe allen head:think:)

Yeh i know the one.....right below the headlight. What a pain. :lol:

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
you wont hit 400lbft with standard injectors though
mine are maxed out at 355lbft
ok rollers differ so on rs rollers i could have 380lbft but on p-torques i only got 355lb ft

Trust me mate, yours wouldnt be making 380ft/lbs on RS' rollers. If anything it would be less. Seen it before.

As for not making 400ft'lbs on standard injectors, thats bullshit. I wouldnt have thought the torque would be limited by injectors, as torque is lower down the range, and they dont need to flow as much fuel, so shouldnt be the restriction.

strugers1

well mine are maxed out, maz are nearly maxed out, i dont know anyone who got 400lbft on standard injectors

strugers1

plus why have all that torque you cant use i have 355lbft at 2.5k but my power is at4-5k with 300lb ft

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Trust me mate, yours wouldnt be making 380ft/lbs on RS' rollers. If anything it would be less. Seen it before.

As for not making 400ft'lbs on standard injectors, thats bullshit. I wouldnt have thought the torque would be limited by injectors, as torque is lower down the range, and they dont need to flow as much fuel, so shouldnt be the restriction.

genuine 400lbs/ft on stock injectors ?? :blink:

No chance

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members