Hybrid turbo gains pd130

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Hey i have just had my car back from mapping after having a hybrid turbo and i am not completely sure i am any faster than the standard turbo on stage 1 remap. the rolling road has stated 215 bhp with 360 torque which seems low for a stage 2 hybrid!

also when out for a spin last night with my mate, i found that my car was only very slightly quicker, and he were about even on the stage 1 remap.

anyone any ideas how this is happening, CR turbos have been having difficulty with the turbo, judt wondering if that is still faulty?

knackerdecobre

What other mods do you have?

Who mapped it? (before and now)

May 22, 2009
South Wales
umm, pd 160 air intake, miltec decat - turbo back, seat sport intercooler with silicon hose with pd130 stage 2 turbo and rs tuning custom map

it did only have an angel tuning stage one map with no other mods!!

just seems that something is really wrong!

knackerdecobre

Mods and mapping are all fine

What do you mean by slightly faster? The feel? sometimes stage 1 maps will have a lot of fuelling at lowish revs to make it feel fast, but in truth its slow

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Ash (Ibiza 130 Tdi) has a hybrid setup, he made 240bhp and 380ftlb, but he had it slightly detuned to reduce the amount of smoke he was getting, think it dropped to 230bhp, 360ftlb? Can't remember off hand.

Have you got an uprated clutch? If you do you haven't mentioned it. If not, maybe they limited the map deliberatly?

Phone them up and ask, its probably your best option.

Edit: Just seen,,, you said PD130 stage 2. Ash had PD150 stage 2, so that would probably explain the difference.

knackerdecobre

I missed that too, those figures are about right, you should of got a pd150 hybrid