I’ve cancelled My Cupra......

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
All,

After much thought I’ve cancelled my order, placed back in May and this week they were still unable to give me a “unconfirmed” build week let alone a “confirmed” one and having been sort of pressured into reordering one due to them for seeing these delays I’ve pulled the plug.

Was this the right decision? Only time will tell, I had been looking at other cars in preparation for this one going back and just felt like I might of regretted having basically the same car for another 2 years

I think if they had gave me more details rather than just knowing absolutely sweet FA I might of felt a bit more positive about it all

So my question is are any of you feeling a bit let down or disillusioned with the way things are operating at the minute?

Will be sad to see the current cupra go but pastures new and all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Never buy new cars personally but I do follow the threads on all the guys waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and then finding the order has been changed.....

To be honest I am surprised more people are not jumping ship,

Reactions: Blowski and Trout

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
I just don't think there's anything else really at the same price range that is as good as a Cupra.

From the outside (I don't have one on order, I have a 280), it does look frustrating for those who are waiting for updates, but that's just the nature of the business. SEAT don't seem to really know yet when they can even start building them and it looks like some of the specs may still be changing. Communication is king and all that but they can't communicate anything externally if not everything's sorted internally. Otherwise there would be a witch hunt.

Reactions: xyz

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
Never buy new cars personally but I do follow the threads on all the guys waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and then finding the order has been changed.....

Well I had been following threads on here as well as my own saga and just thought I’ve had enough of waiting, maybe a bit impatient of me but with people saying crimbo at the earliest I was like naaa your alright.

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
I just don't think there's anything else really at the same price range that is as good as a Cupra.

From the outside (I don't have one on order, I have a 280), it does look frustrating for those who are waiting for updates, but that's just the nature of the business. SEAT don't seem to really know yet when they can even start building them and it looks like some of the specs may still be changing. Communication is king and all that but they can't communicate anything externally if not everything's sorted internally. Otherwise there would be a witch hunt.

I agree mate, just seems they’ve got themselves into a right mess and it will be customers who suffer/lose out

I’m not on a witch hunt either by the way all. Just giving you my story and how I feel about it all

LCR33

Aug 18, 2014
In a house
Hyundai N

From the outside (I don't have one on order, I have a 280), it does look frustrating for those who are waiting for updates, but that's just the nature of the business. SEAT don't seem to really know yet when they can even start building them and it looks like some of the specs may still be changing. Communication is king and all that but they can't communicate anything externally if not everything's sorted internally. Otherwise there would be a witch hunt.[/QUOTE

Reactions: xyz

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I work in the motor trade and we(franchise I work for) don’t seem to have these problems, sure delays can occur, they are days rather than weeks, very poor on Seat’s behalf, no wonder folk look elsewhere.
Customer relationers are easy now since the invention of the phone, no wonder hate dealing with the supposedexperts if we can’t get the basics right.

Deleted member 103408

Does anybody know if this is just a Seat issue or are Skoda, VW and Audi (who I read had upped production in advance of all the new WLTP rules) suffering the same delays / issues.

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
Does anybody know if this is just a Seat issue or are Skoda, VW and Audi (who I read had upped production in advance of all the new WLTP rules) suffering the same delays / issues.

From what I’ve heard Audi have got loads ready to roll out?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013

Most manufacturers that offer multiple options appear to be affected, but MB and all of the VAG brands seem to be the worst affected. VW have dropped the Golf GTI until 2019 Mk8 and Skoda Octavia VRS order books spend more time closed than open!

Cars ranges that are well specced/don’t have many options, such as Honda appear to be much better prepared.

Most of the motoring press have articles listing which brands are/are not able to meet demand post WLTP.

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Just cancelled my ST 300 4Drive because I've heard nothing since April. Picking up a M140i in a week or 2, can't wait, far more excited than when I ordered the Seat.

Trout

Feb 28, 2018

I am also surprised more people are not looking elsewhere.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I was told three months delivery, and it arrived on the dot. From the other side of the world. What's wrong with your dealers?
Zero phux given?

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Audi are affected. Dealers are unable to place orders for new cars. None at all.
My mate ordered an a4 black edition expected delivery October, it’s now March.
My cupra order from April is build week mid December. I am actively looking at other options and if a good enough deal comes up on something else I will cancel the cupra.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Most manufacturers that offer multiple options appear to be affected, but MB and all of the VAG brands seem to be the worst affected. VW have dropped the Golf GTI until 2019 Mk8 and Skoda Octavia VRS order books spend more time closed than open!

Cars ranges that are well specced/don’t have many options, such as Honda appear to be much better prepared.

Most of the motoring press have articles listing which brands are/are not able to meet demand post WLTP.

The simple options packs coming in will help the situation going forward but obviously no help to you guys waiting now.

I think I would have jumped ship by now to be honest.

Unfortunately, with most operations in business, change is reactive rather than pro active. Something has to go wrong before an objective view is taken on how to improve it.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
Tbf the waiting times are the same across the entire vw group for performance models, the Golf R had 6 months waiting list

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
I ordered my 300ST at the end of March, got it last Friday, was bang on, Actually arrived at the dealer in early July. Lookers Stockport kept me informed but they didn't need to, it came when they told me it would. I'm well happy

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017

Megane R.S (trophy towards end of year)

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I have a 2016 Golf R which I bought new and got a very good deal. I was starting to look towards ordering another for next year but dropped the idea completely when I discovered that first, VW dropped the manual gearbox (ok, I could live with the DSG) but then dropped the three door. That was the final straw for me so I doubt I’ll bother with another brand new one. I’ll maybe look for a nearly new three door DSG, maybe a Clubsport S or more likely, a secondhand manual M2. VW have lost the plot in their appeal to “petrol heads” imo so I doubt I’ll ever buy a brand new VW or SEAT again - they’re just becoming fast family cars - BMW got it right with the M2 - aggressive styling, pumped up wheel arches, great engine noise and a manual box option - even Aston Martin offer a manual V12 and Jaguar offer a manual on the F Type.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Trout and Wings988