I hate my work car park.

Deleted member 13581

Why is it that people disrespect your car?

I decided the car needed a good clean yesterday so spent roughly 4 hours washing and detailing it.

Today, i drive the car to work and park it in the normal spot in the car park.

After work i come out to see a huge dent in the rear quarter panel and a scratch the whole length of the car.

:censored: Raging!!! [:@]

Will take it to a body shop tomorrow and see what they have to say about it, and how much its going to cost me.

With the car due its 10,000 mile service within the next few weeks this is not a good time to be shelling out money for vandals who couldnt give a s**t about the property of others.

Hope its not too much to repair.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
string em up mate, seriously feel your pain like some right tossers out there. Honestly think I would be in jail if I cought some1 doing owt to my "babby" lol. Hope its cheap for ya bud

Deleted member 13581

There are no cameras in the car park in my work. No-one that works in my place parked next to me all day. Usually they do aswell.

Think im going to campaign for them now though.

If only i knew who it was, i wouldnt need my car as i would be in jail.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
jealousy is a bad thing

lots of people have had it mate and I am no exception

fookin' pikey's

they go out looking for shiny cars to key and kick

[:@] [:@] [:@]

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
mate was the funniest when some chav decided he would pull his wipers off for something he had done or summit wasnt paying that much attention and anyway yep he seen him doing it. chav thought he got away with it, 2 hours later comes back 2 his corsa no windows no tyres inflated, an ECU missing and random parts pulled off all over this car. funniest revenge ever wish he had recorded doing it. Was a bit more complicated than chav vandilism, he took parts he could sell and ended up getting more than enough too cover his new wiper blads and a think a wiper arm not sure. But was well funny must say thats bit 2 complicated for me think I would just savagly beat em when I seen em doing it

Last edited:

Azubi

Funny that, I was thinking the same thing. Coming back from dinner yesterday, some ******* decides he wants to undertake me whilst I am trying to park in a space on the left. Well, to cut it a little shorter, my car is currently undrivable. Had to have it towed this morning.

Worst thing is, they gave me a bloody Pug 207 as a hire car. It has the acceleration of a snail.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
mate that sux! I know how u feel. My bird works at tesco, and although they have cctv its only recording wot the security guards are watching at the time (which is never the car park!).

Some prik bout 2 weekends ago decided to rip off her wing mirror! All that was left was the baseplate and wires hanging out.

Its going to cost £240 from vauxhall to repair it properly! Cos its a electric and heated mirror! (although we have found them on ebay for £30).

Tesco have refused liability but this is the 2nd time something like this has happened. Last time, a trolley smashed into her rear light and she had to buy a new one of those too!

This time, Tesco WILL pay, we don't intend on letting this one slip, she's worked there for 3 years, and had 2 incidents to her car, while working for the company, and they say they do everything they can to prevent this from happening....err...by doing wot!???

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
off topic

the trolley collector at macro got the sack after hitting my bizza with trolleys
macro paid the dodgy receipt for £250
paintless dent removal was £120
gave the paintless dent removal £150 as he fiddled the receipt and kept £100 for myself

apparently the trolley guy had done it a few times and it was the last straw

as I said to the store manager, people who's job is pushing trolleys around a car park really ought to be better at it than he was

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
feel for you mate thats what is so good about working in an accident repair centre specially as i have a black car and every mark sticks out like a saw thumb

Deleted member 13581

Managing to get it fixed for £200.

Car went away yesterday and is due back tomorrow night.

Hoping it looks good when its done.

Also managing to get CCTV put up in the car park at work.

Deleted member 13581

Car is back and the guy has done a cracking job.

Doesnt look like there was a dent and scratch at all.

Will be parking away from everything in work tomorrow morning.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Just left work tonight and found that somebody has put a big load of scratches across the front of my car ( bonnet,bumper,grill,headlight) with a dark blue car. Nobody admitted to doing it so i went walk about and found my bosses parents car had new scratches which line up with mine but they say they never hit my car ! Might be time to move on to a new job me thinks . [:@]

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
make if ya sure its them, this is what I would do anyway. Wait till its dark or where there car is away from sight, and steal me some parts I could sell to amount for the damage they caused. Note only if ya sure its them, there is nothing worse than someone who damages a car then drives off

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
4 slashed tyres and 2 broken screens, wait till it's repaired and do it again

only if you are sure it was them though

Last edited:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
see I used to think that was the best way. then I relised if ya quick enough and have some mechanical knowlege you can steal the parts that you can sell to cover the damage to your car. Kinda evens the world out.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
I install the CCTV cameras a Tesco's and the like and they are more than capable of catching vandals, because the car park cameras are known as PZT dome's (pan, tilt, zoom) the can be put on a slow tour of the car park automatically so even just 1 or 2 cameras can cove the entire area, all cameras are recording simultaneously so the numpty behind the CCTV station can use the cameras inside at the same time. most new CCTV systems are more than capable of catching crooks but it's more often than not the operators who let the system down by looking at things they don't need to be looking at :rolleyes:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
yer that sounds about right davels......i've seen the cameras in use and got my m8 to zoom in on my car once, and that was miles away from where the camera was fitted, so I agree with you...its down to the operators 100%!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.